Follow @MofroFans
JJ Grey & Mofro Fansite Message Forums

Author   Comment   Page 4 of 4      Prev   1   2   3   4
Bad Habit

Traveling Ambassador of Goodwill
Reply with quote  #61 
Just ran into Dennis at the Jax airport and went ahead and snagged a hug while I had the chance. I can't think of a better way to start this adventure!
MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #62 
That's a sign of good luck or something.

In case anyone missed on the other thread, the London show is sold out.
Bad Habit

Reply with quote  #63 
We hear Misphotographer is very likely on the flight with JJ Woot Woot! Craven Moore and I will be keeping Dennis and Art company on our flight to Amsterdam/Hamburg. I'm sure they are SO looking forward to that. Poor things
MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #64 

How did Mis do THAT? Poor JJ. Poor Art and Dennis too.

swkelley

Alumni/Assoc Professor
Blackwater U

Reply with quote  #65 
Did someone hook BadHabit up with taping gear??!!

Alumni/Assoc Professor
Blackwater U

Reply with quote  #66 
@ Bad Habit...Snag me a poster or two if any are available and I will gladly reimburse you when you get back.. (from the poster geek!)

Admin
Reply with quote  #67 

Quote:
Originally Posted by swkelley
Did someone hook BadHabit up with taping gear??!!

NOW you ask!

uhollis

Alumni/Dean/Assoc Professor,
Blackwater U

Reply with quote  #68 
this is something we have talked about for a long time.

we used to say that we should chip in and buy a machine for the guys to plug in every night, and then a roving taping rig which could go with whoever was out on the road seeing shows. 

is this something that seems viable still to anyone?

MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #69 

Sounds like a good idea although I'll admit my ignorance in admitting I'm not sure what this means: "a machine for the guys to plug in every night"

MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #70 
On another note, I was just coming on to say I wonder where everyone is as of this moment? They're all sposed to be getting into Hamburg this afternoon.
MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #71 

Well ol dopey me...it IS afternoon in Hamburg. I just got a text from the Habit (she dont got interweb access at this time) and she said that Craven and her flew with Art and Dennis and Misphotographer flew with Farrell. That's all she's got for now. She said as soon as she can get online she'll give us more. Then she had to cut it short because she was getting in the line for Customs a second time so she could get felt up again.

MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #72 
Okay I made that last part up.
Sunshine

Welcoming CommitteeDirector of Happiness
Reply with quote  #73 

Oh what an excitied adventure they are on!!! 

I have thought about all of them awl day. 

And I thought the cruise last year would have been a trip of a lifetime,

but they are topping that off in a huge way!!

can't wait for the next tidbits of info!!

In a heartbeat, worlds are born
 In a heartbeat, worlds collide"
swkelley

Alumni/Assoc Professor
Blackwater U

Reply with quote  #74 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MofroFan1

Sounds like a good idea although I'll admit my ignorance in admitting I'm not sure what this means: "a machine for the guys to plug in every night"

Hollis and I have discussed this on a few occassions (although it's been quite some time).  We were going to get everyone to pitch in and buy the band a DAT recorder so the band could tape all their shows and hopefully share some with us music junkies.  Then we had the idea of buying a deck and some mics for use by people on the list that were going to attend shows.  We would find out who was going to be hitting up a bunch of shows and mail them the equipment.  When they finished their run of shows, they would in turn mail it to the next person that was going to several shows in a row and so on.  The Radiators used to have a patchbay that they would plug into the board that had several RCA/XLR/mini outputs on it for tapers to plug their dat/tape/etc recorders into so they could get high quality soundboard recordings to share with everyone (Kenny, the soundman for the Radiators, used to mix the board for the audience and a seperate mix for tapers...much love out to you, Kenny....I sure do miss those sweet Radiators board tapes) which also could have been an option.  We were going to mention this to JJ, but I don't think we ever got that far. 

Reply with quote  #75 
I'm heading out tomorrow! I'm meeting up with everyone in Berlin  I'm bringing along my laptop & camera. I'm doing a last minute store run in the morning, which includes an extra memory disk for the camera. I should be able to shoot video, but not sure how much I can get at one time. I know I'm usually not very good about taking pictures & what not at shows, but I'm gonna do my darnedest to get some good tid bits to share!! I'll try to keep ya posted as much as I can! 
WWWOOOOHOOO!!! Adventure of a lifetime!!!!

Reply with quote  #76 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MofroFan1

Well ol dopey me...it IS afternoon in Hamburg. I just got a text from the Habit (she dont got interweb access at this time) and she said that Craven and her flew with Art and Dennis and Misphotographer flew with Farrell. That's all she's got for now. She said as soon as she can get online she'll give us more. Then she had to cut it short because she was getting in the line for Customs a second time so she could get felt up again.

OMG! (sorry, can't think of better words right now)  I've got SO much to tell y'all but will have to hop on here later to do so.  I tried to get online last night but couldn't get a connection.  I think it was a sign that I was supposed to go to bed, especially since I had not slept since...  since I don't even know when.  We're off to breakfast for the moment (it's 9:45 am here).  We explored Hamburg yesterday and are having a fabulous time - and we haven't even seen a show yet!
MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #77 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gracyjj
I'm heading out tomorrow! I'm meeting up with everyone in Berlin  I'm bringing along my laptop & camera. I'm doing a last minute store run in the morning, which includes an extra memory disk for the camera. I should be able to shoot video, but not sure how much I can get at one time. I know I'm usually not very good about taking pictures & what not at shows, but I'm gonna do my darnedest to get some good tid bits to share!! I'll try to keep ya posted as much as I can! 
WWWOOOOHOOO!!! Adventure of a lifetime!!!!

Oh girl I'm so thrilled for you. I know you are going to have an absolute blast. And thank you for thinking of all of us. Now you done put yourself on the spot and we're gonna be expecting good stuff from you!

Sunshine

Welcoming CommitteeDirector of Happiness
Reply with quote  #78 

Yes yes yes, Ms. GracyJJ,

we are now expecting BIG things from you!! 

Give everyone a hug from me!!

well, not everyone, just the ones that may know me

In a heartbeat, worlds are born
 In a heartbeat, worlds collide"
MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #79 

TWEET TWEET! Habit said she's going to try to text me and DT after the show and then we can tweet her comments. That way non-tweeters can see the feed below and tweeters will instantly get them. She said she'll have to do it after the show cause she's getting poor svc from inside the venue.

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

This site is dedicated to Jim "Craven Moore" Jagau, known and loved around the world as the biggest and most dedicated JJ Grey & Mofro fan ever. RIP friend. We miss you.

JJ Grey and Mofro recorded shows on the Live Music Archive

original message board

JJ interviews/show and CD reviews

old info but good no less

Site and goddam profanity rules  © Copyright 2008-2010 mofrofans.com and its assigns and entities; Worldwide Rights Reserved.   This site is not affiliated in any way with JJ Grey & Mofro, Alligator Records, Fog City Records, Madison House Management, JJ Grey, Mofro Productions Inc,, or any other entity.   This website is protected by U.S. and international laws regarding copyright protection, including site design, text, and all images.  This site is run from Tampa, FL, USofA.  All photographs are property of this website and its assigns and entities and are copyrighted by JJ Grey and Mofro.  They cannot be used without express permission.  No permission will be granted for photo rights for commercial purposes.  The photos on this site are expressly for recreational use.   All information on this site is known to be correct but site owner makes no guarantees. The information is gathered and presented to the best of our ability but may not be accurate.  We do our best to present this as a bona-fide fan site, not a gossip site.

tumblr counter