Follow @MofroFans
JJ Grey & Mofro Fansite Message Forums
Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 1 of 2      1   2   Next
skotdee

Alumni/Assoc Professor, Blackwater U
Reply with quote  #1 
Hey folks, heres the skinny on my DVD downloads & B&P's. See below for bit torrent download links, and if ya don't know, B&P stands for blanks and postage, ie: you send someone blank discs, and return postage, and they burn you shows of your choice and mail them back. The point is to make it easy for the person hooking you up to simply burn the show and walk out to the mailbox. No need for a trip to Best Buy or the post office. Here is a site that explains the whole process VERY thoroughly. http://www.mcnichol.com/bnp/ Read that page in its entirety, it should answer any questions you have on B&P.

As of Dec 2010, I'll be posting the download links for new shows to this thread as well to keep it all neat and concise

Now, here is a list of all of my completed videos on DVD. I'll gladly take B&P requests for any of these shows, now or any time in the future. Consider it an open invitation. Send me an email at skot_dee at hotmail dot com and I will hook it up. As I finish new shows, I will update this list.

These are all fully authored DVD's with menus, chapters, song selection, cover art, etc... the whole 9 yards.

**ALL SHOWS ARE AUTHORED FOR DUAL LAYER DVD (DVD+R DL)**
Unless otherwise noted, each show fits on one disc.
Sorry, but I will not compress down to single layer dvd's. Its a pain in the ass. 
You will enjoy the video quality much more on the Dual Layers anyway.
 Your eyes will thank you 

4/7/06 - Gainesville - My first mofro video! A little rough around the edges as I was still figuring things out, but still a great vid all things considered

12/9/06 JJ Solo - Cafe 11 - Intimate acoustic show with JJ singing songs and telling the stories behind them. A real treat.

2/19/07 Skippers - My first Skippers show, one of the best I've ever seen still to this date. Eugene comes out during H&D and KILLS it.

8/17/07 Skippers - Almost as good as 2/19, another amazing show, again with Eugene in the H&D throwdown at the end.

9/2/07 - Blackwater Sol Revue I - While not nearly the elaborate job we did for BSR II, only one cam, shot from the crowd, still a great show. Complete throwdown at the end with the JC's and many more. Gotta Know!

12/30/07 - Freebird - SICK show with Grondin & the JC's special guests

8/30/08 - Blackwater Sol Revue II - 3-cam, you know the one, enough said. My best vid yet.

1/3/09 - Skippers - Another smokin skips show, quite a few mofrofans.com'ers in attendance and visible on this video. Hmm, never thought about it, but can we call users of this site "MF'ers"

1/1 & 1/2 2010 - Freebird Live - Bringing in the new year right with two hot hometown shows at the Freebird packed with classics. Shot from the balcony on two cams with sizzlin' AKG audio, these came out great.

3/19/10 - Daryl Hance Solo - Mojo BBQ - Great Daryl show with AC on drums and Shane Platten on bass. Any of ya'll that are curious about Daryl's band, this is one you want to see.

4/16/10 - Wanee Music Fest - Smokin' set from Wanee 2010. Only single cam shot, but taped in daylight so the video quality is really nice, plus its synched with SBD audio so it sounds great as well!

NEW! 1/1/11 - Freebird Live - Maybe the best Audience shot video I've done to date. My usual Freebird setup, two cams from the balcony, smokin' show with lots of Georgia Warhorse material and some classics thrown in as well... Audio came out pristine as well, this is a great DVD ya'll...
skotdee

Reply with quote  #2 
There's a big chunk from '09 that I haven't gotten to, but I expect to soon. The '09 shows are all shot with two cams, so they're a bit more involved. Since Wanee was only single cam, I went ahead and knocked it out.
Dispatch Ninja

Reply with quote  #3 
I'm gonna send you an email because I would love some of these shows on dvd.  A couple questions though.

Can you fit more than one show on a dvd or would I need to send one dvd for each show?

Is that solo show at Cafe 11 available anywhere for download?  Couldn't find it on the lma.
skotdee

Reply with quote  #4 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTX
I'm gonna send you an email because I would love some of these shows on dvd.  A couple questions though.

Can you fit more than one show on a dvd or would I need to send one dvd for each show?

Is that solo show at Cafe 11 available anywhere for download?  Couldn't find it on the lma.

Great questions! I'll edit the list to reflect this, but yes, each show does fit on one disc, although it must be a DUAL LAYER DVD+R. Those are the dvd blanks that hold 8.5GB as opposed to the single layers which only hold 4.7GB. I use the Dualies so I can encode the video at the highest possible bit rate for maximum quality. There would be a noticeable drop in quality to fit more than one show on a single dvd.

John Dude taped BOTH cafe 11 JJ solo shows from December of '06 so they're available, although not for download. It would be nice though to get them on the archive, thanks for bringing that to my attention. I'll see if I can dig them up and upload them when I get a chance.
Dispatch Ninja

Reply with quote  #5 
Quote:
Originally Posted by skotdee
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTX

Great questions! I'll edit the list to reflect this, but yes, each show does fit on one disc, although it must be a DUAL LAYER DVD+R. Those are the dvd blanks that hold 8.5GB as opposed to the single layers which only hold 4.7GB. I use the Dualies so I can encode the video at the highest possible bit rate for maximum quality. There would be a noticeable drop in quality to fit more than one show on a single dvd.

John Dude taped BOTH cafe 11 JJ solo shows from December of '06 so they're available, although not for download. It would be nice though to get them on the archive, thanks for bringing that to my attention. I'll see if I can dig them up and upload them when I get a chance.

It would be greatly appreciated...well by at least me anyways lol.  I really like the acoustic shows just as much as the ones with the full band.  If you get around to it thanks alot in advance and thanks for taking your time to do all this.
ibleedFLA

Reply with quote  #6 

Quote:

4/7/06 - Gainesville - My first mofro video! A little rough around the edges as I was still figuring things out, but still a great vid all things considered

was this at Abbey Road when the opener never showed and all the die hards waited what seemed like for ever??
skotdee

Reply with quote  #7 
It was at Abbey Road, but the JC's opened and definitely showed so you must be thinking of another show...
ibleedFLA

Reply with quote  #8 
Yup sure am. i just found the ticket stub and it was Feb 15th don't remember what year :/
The Virginia Coalition was the no show. 
jimbo

President/Founder/Professor,

Blackwater U

Reply with quote  #9 

Quote:
There's a big chunk from '09 that I haven't gotten to, but I expect to soon. The '09 shows are all shot with two cams, so they're a bit more involved. Since Wanee was only single cam, I went ahead and knocked it out.

YOU"RE A KNOCKOUT FOR SURE AT THE
       BLACKWATER UNIVERSITY ALUMNI,YOUR
       LIFETIME DUES ARE PAID UP.

GREAT JOB, LATER, PROF. JIMBO
skotdee

Reply with quote  #10 
Thanks Jimbo! Lifetime alumni, I like the way that sounds

Edited to add the recent Daryl show from Mojo BBQ to the list!
John Dude

Reply with quote  #11 
Brother Skotdizzle...can I request that "special packaging" for the following DVD's that are no longer in my collection due to events beyond my control.

12/9/06 JJ Solo - Cafe 11 - Intimate acoustic show with JJ singing songs and telling the stories behind them. A real treat

9/2/07 - Blackwater Sol Revue I - While not nearly the elaborate job we did for BSR II, only one cam, shot from the crowd, still a great show. Complete throwdown at the end with the JC's and many more. Gotta Know!

3/19/10 - Daryl Hance Solo - Mojo BBQ - Great Daryl show with AC on drums and Shane Platten on bass. Any of ya'll that are curious about Daryl's band, this is one you want to see.

4/16/10 - Wanee Music Fest - Smokin' set from Wanee 2010. Only single cam shot, but taped in daylight so the video quality is really nice, plus its synched with SBD audio so it sounds great as well!

On another note:
Also, I've got the double DVD of 4/26/03...and since my jedi powers are within the audio world, and not video (yet) I would gladly pass them on to my brother in arms Skotdee for mass production etc...

On a NO-FRO topic, Mr. Skotdee has also pimped out 2 killer Nervous Turkey DVD's  One of them Live @ Skippers 8-17-07 and one from BSR II 8-30-08

Oh & since I'm probably not headed to West Vaginia this weekend, AKG's will be headed your way promptly.

Admin
Reply with quote  #12 

Suuuhweetness JD and SD!

skotdee

Reply with quote  #13 
Getting psyched for the Freebird shows in a few weeks? This will help!

Here's the 1/1 show from last years run, when this gets seeded I'll be uploading the show from 1/2.

http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/showthread.php?t=88021

JJ Grey & Mofro
01/01/2010
Freebird Live
Jacksonville Beach, FL

SOURCE
Video: Panasonic PV-GS500 (x2, Tripod Mount, Balcony Rail) > Mini DV
Audio: AKG c480b/ck63 (XY/FOB/DFC) > Oade Concert Mod Edirol R-44 (24bit/48khz)

TRANSFER
Video: Sony Vegas Pro 8.0 > mpeg-2 (NTSC/16:9/DVD Architect video stream/two pass VBR 8000/6850/2700kbps) > DVD Architect 5.0 > VIDEO_TS
Audio: R-44 > SDHC > Adobe Audition 3.0 (Gain, MBIT+ Dither) > Sony Vegas Pro 8.0 (Synch, Fades) > LPCM 16bit/48khz

DVD9 - requires a dual-layer DVD

Total Run Time: approx 127 Minutes

Recording, production & design by Scott Douglas

1. Intro
2. Higher You Climb
3. Mississippi
4. Jookhouse
5. Blackwater
6. War
7. Lochloosa
8. Everything Good Is Bad
9. King Hummingbird
10. Ho Cake*
11. Hoochie Coochie Man*
12. I Believe
13. Move It On
14. Orange Blossoms

ENCORE
15. Brighter Days
16. Got My Mojo Workin'**

* with Conrad Oberg on guitar & Kenny Hamilton on saxophone
** with Matt Grondin on guitar and Chris Bullock & Kenny Hamilton on saxophone

skotdee

Reply with quote  #14 
Sunshine

Welcoming CommitteeDirector of Happiness
Reply with quote  #15 

Scottie Claus is coming to town!!!!

Scott, awl I can say is I am so dern excited!!!!  Your work is AWESOME and your dedication shows in your videos!!  I just may have to buy you a drink at Skipper's, probably easier than bringing chow chow on the plane, lol!!

In a heartbeat, worlds are born
 In a heartbeat, worlds collide"
AntsyAshley

Reply with quote  #16 
How fun to re-live it! Thanks Scott!
MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #17 

Dayum! He spoils us, that's what skot does!

skotdee

Reply with quote  #18 
Aw shucks, thanks ya'll... If you enjoy watchin half as much as I do recording, then its a win-win. Got more coming this week, keep an eye out

And I can't wait to see all you crazies in a few weeks! And then again a couple weeks after that!
skotdee

Reply with quote  #19 
Just seeded the 1/2 show. (or one two punch, if you will)

http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/showthread.php?t=88307

JJ Grey & Mofro
01/02/2010
Freebird Live
Jacksonville Beach, FL

SOURCE
Video: Panasonic PV-GS500 (x2, Tripod Mount) > Mini DV
Audio: AKG c480b/ck63 (DIN/FOB/DFC) > Oade Concert Mod Edirol R-44 (24bit/48khz)

TRANSFER
Video: Sony Vegas Pro 8.0 > mpeg-2 (NTSC/16:9/DVD Architect video stream/two pass VBR 8000/65000/2600kbps) > DVD Architect 5.0 > VIDEO_TS
Audio: R-44 > SDHC > Adobe Audition 3.0 (Gain, MBIT+ Dither) > Sony Vegas Pro 8.0 (Synch, Fades) > LPCM 16bit/48khz

DVD9 - requires a dual-layer DVD

Total Run Time: approx 129 Minutes

Recording, production & design by Scott Douglas

1. Intro
2. Country Ghetto
3. Nare Sugar
4. She Don't Know
5. Dirtfloorcracker
6. Tupelo Honey
7. Ybor City
8. Jookhouse
9. The Wrong Side
10. Footsteps > Turpentine
11. WYLF
12. Orange Blossoms
13. A Woman
14. On Fire
15. Lochloosa
16. Florida
ENCORE
17. The Sun Is Shining Down
19. Harp & Drums*

* with Conrad Oberg on guitar & organ
skotdee

Reply with quote  #20 

Smokin' WYLF right here. Awesome little duel between Art & JJ towards the end...

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

This site is dedicated to Jim "Craven Moore" Jagau, known and loved around the world as the biggest and most dedicated JJ Grey & Mofro fan ever. RIP friend. We miss you.

JJ Grey and Mofro recorded shows on the Live Music Archive

original message board

JJ interviews/show and CD reviews

old info but good no less

Site and goddam profanity rules  © Copyright 2008-2010 mofrofans.com and its assigns and entities; Worldwide Rights Reserved.   This site is not affiliated in any way with JJ Grey & Mofro, Alligator Records, Fog City Records, Madison House Management, JJ Grey, Mofro Productions Inc,, or any other entity.   This website is protected by U.S. and international laws regarding copyright protection, including site design, text, and all images.  This site is run from Tampa, FL, USofA.  All photographs are property of this website and its assigns and entities and are copyrighted by JJ Grey and Mofro.  They cannot be used without express permission.  No permission will be granted for photo rights for commercial purposes.  The photos on this site are expressly for recreational use.   All information on this site is known to be correct but site owner makes no guarantees. The information is gathered and presented to the best of our ability but may not be accurate.  We do our best to present this as a bona-fide fan site, not a gossip site.

tumblr counter