TheMuse

Reply with quote  #21 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delerious Tyme
Quote:
Originally Posted by MofroFan1
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMuse

Is anyone opening up for JJ at The Ritz?

I don't think so. Jonathan Tyler and the Northern Lights are on the tour sched to play all the Fla dates except Ybor. I like no openers sooooo much better.

I like no openers as well, but I will say that JT and the Northern Lights put on one hell of a show for an opening band at the HOB Chicago.  JT is lights out on the Harmonica and they flat out rocked it.  Pulled out some Zeppelin Bring It On Home as well.  If there is gonna be an opening band, I would want it to be those guys or Pimps of Joytime.  Both are a great compliment to JJ and the guys. 

I did confirm with No Clubs, JT and the Northern Lights are opening for JJ.
lil mofro ho

Reply with quote  #22 
Gotta agree with DT, Jonathon Tyler and the Northern Lights kicked ass.  We really enjoyed them (twice) and they are really nice if you get the chance to talk to them.
sanibel14

Reply with quote  #23 
I'll be there in Ybor. Does anybody know if thats the night of Guavaween?
TrophyWife

Reply with quote  #24 

It's the night before Guavaween! So I see no reason why everybody shouldn't all be dressed up!

Reply with quote  #25 
i am definitely going to the ritz (picking up tickets tomorrow if i can)... on the fence for orlando... i am still fighting some hippie phunk i picked up in charleston last weekend.

if anyone has any extras for tampa, i will take them off your hands.

bt & dime
Sunshine

Welcoming CommitteeDirector of Happiness
Reply with quote  #26 

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Dude
WOW!!!  My boss is so cool!  Looks like I can make:

Tally, Gainesville, Orlando, Ybor & Pompano!!!
It's like the Mofro God's have shined on me.

Must be good karma. Funny how "What goes around, comes around"

Karma, I believe, is a powerful force not to be reckoned with....so happy for you JD!!!

In a heartbeat, worlds are born
 In a heartbeat, worlds collide"
uhollis

Alumni/Dean/Assoc Professor,
Blackwater U

Reply with quote  #27 
awesome Dude.  See you there. 

And we have a birthday in Pompano as well. 

I think we sing it out for him as soon as he hits the stage.
Sunshine

Welcoming CommitteeDirector of Happiness
Reply with quote  #28 

Quote:
Originally Posted by uhollis
And we have a birthday in Pompano as well. 

I think we sing it out for him as soon as he hits the stage.

How cool to see them perform on his birthday! I had the pleasure last year when they played the Valarium on his birthday.

In a heartbeat, worlds are born
 In a heartbeat, worlds collide"
FireFly

Mofrofans.com Interplanetary

Ambassador

Reply with quote  #29 
yes indeed , florida mofro madness in full affect!!!!!!
although it be a bit different than the last time they did that tour(remember giggles) bunch of us stayed at the marriott in tally and so on, but we are all broke,  just got enough gas in the spaceship to make it to the show. well don't need to be drinking expensive drinks , don't need to lounging in fancy hotelrooms but we fo'sho' need some fro', and if I have to drink water the whole time,lol
so leave the bullshit at the door and SEE YA'll ON DA DANCEFLOOR !!!

( funny quotes from rombello )
John Dude

Alumni/Assoc Professor, Blackwater U
Reply with quote  #30 
I really thought that I could pull it off...alas it is a no go.
Orlando & Ybor for sure...maybe Pompano.  Have fun everyone that is going.  I'll be there in Spirit

Director of Laughs,
Levity, and Love

Reply with quote  #31 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireFly
yes indeed , florida mofro madness in full affect!!!!!!
although it be a bit different than the last time they did that tour(remember giggles) bunch of us stayed at the marriott in tally and so on, but we are all broke,  just got enough gas in the spaceship to make it to the show.

Firely, without a doubt that Florida run is one of my all-time favorite memories!! It was downright magical!! I'll never be able to look at cold spaghetti the same again & it's where I learned I have a fascination with licking. Great times making great memories with wonderful people!

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History

FireFly

Ambassador

Reply with quote  #32 
hey ya'll, if anyone has an extra HoB ticket for tomorrow, holla at me, my friend needs one, hers fell thru (would rather just pay somebody for their extra than the house of rules,lol)

and haha giggles

FireFly

Ambassador

Reply with quote  #33 
day one: tally

here's the setlist:
blackwater
hottest spot in hell
a woman
florida
beautiful world
good is bad
lochloosa
GW
war
ybor
country ghetto
all
ho cake
OB
----------
sweetest thing
on fire

when I checked the Facebook event page and saw all the folks that rsvp's were from FSU, I knew the crowd would be young, but jeez, lol, can anyone say rock the cradle? everybody around us was like virgins,haha, but they KNEw all the songs, KNEw the words and they JAMMED out, giving jj plenty  of fuel to get fired up. he kept stickin the mike into the crowd cuz they were all singing, so it got a little rough  which is ok since all were groovin' and grindin' !
great show with explosive energy , it ended with the horns up front and dennis literally leaning over the crowd to play his trumpet.
the thing jj does at the end were he runs from one side of the stage to the other, touching all the hands always crackes me up too,lol
me and liz had a blast, now we gettin ready for some more at common grounds, riding to together with the boardmaster himself, maybe he got some jokes to tell on the way,

uhollis

Alumni/Dean/Assoc Professor,
Blackwater U

Reply with quote  #34 
blackwater opener.  nice.  did that start with a home sweet home? probably not, right?
tox

Honorary Alumni Blackwater U
Reply with quote  #35 

Would love to hear blackwater with this lineup. Someone got a tape/video on it, I hope?

Reply with quote  #36 

Well, its official, we aint gonna make any of this Florida run.....so bummed...just wasnt in the cards this time. Shit !!!!  Still hopin for SKIPPERS!!! I"ll make that if i hafta crawl....so livin vicariously through yall right now. Keep the reviews,pics and vids a comin ! Yall rock ! 

Reply with quote  #37 
[QUOTE=Got Mofro]

Well, its official, we aint gonna make any of this Florida run.....so bummed...just wasnt in the cards this time. Shit !!!!  Still hopin for SKIPPERS!!! I"ll make that if i hafta crawl....so livin vicariously through yall right now. Keep the reviews,pics and vids a comin ! Yall rock !   WHOOHOOWHOOHOO....Found a way to do it !!   Hope to see yall in Ybor City tonight!!!!!!!

Admin
Reply with quote  #38 

Hell yeah Got Mofro!! You won't be able to miss this crew for sure. See you there!

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

This site is dedicated to Jim "Craven Moore" Jagau, known and loved around the world as the biggest and most dedicated JJ Grey & Mofro fan ever. RIP friend. We miss you.

JJ Grey and Mofro recorded shows on the Live Music Archive

original message board

JJ interviews/show and CD reviews

old info but good no less

Site and goddam profanity rules  © Copyright 2008-2010 mofrofans.com and its assigns and entities; Worldwide Rights Reserved.   This site is not affiliated in any way with JJ Grey & Mofro, Alligator Records, Fog City Records, Madison House Management, JJ Grey, Mofro Productions Inc,, or any other entity.   This website is protected by U.S. and international laws regarding copyright protection, including site design, text, and all images.  This site is run from Tampa, FL, USofA.  All photographs are property of this website and its assigns and entities and are copyrighted by JJ Grey and Mofro.  They cannot be used without express permission.  No permission will be granted for photo rights for commercial purposes.  The photos on this site are expressly for recreational use.   All information on this site is known to be correct but site owner makes no guarantees. The information is gathered and presented to the best of our ability but may not be accurate.  We do our best to present this as a bona-fide fan site, not a gossip site.

tumblr counter