Follow @MofroFans
JJ Grey & Mofro Fansite Message Forums

Author   Comment  
Craven Moore

Reply with quote  #1 
If you order salad with your dinner, and they bring you fruit cocktail, you better eat the fruit cocktail, because otherwise they will stuff it in your next beer.

IMG_5322

Welcoming CommitteeDirector of Happiness
Reply with quote  #2 

I LOVE that!!  can't wait for more of your 'final' thoughts Craven!!

In a heartbeat, worlds are born
 In a heartbeat, worlds collide"
swkelley

Alumni/Assoc Professor
Blackwater U

Reply with quote  #3 
I would just like to thank each of you for the time taken to post all the reviews, pics, video, etc. while on YOUR vacation.  It's been nice to be a part of it from the days leading up to and until now, on your way home.  Safe travels to your warm, cozy beds!!!  I look forward to hearing more over the next coming weeks.

Reply with quote  #4 
Hui, where did you get this beer? I'm impressed. Like JJ said, we have a lot of good beer here in Germany, but this one is very special. 
Craven Moore

Reply with quote  #5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vogel
Hui, where did you get this beer? I'm impressed. Like JJ said, we have a lot of good beer here in Germany, but this one is very special. 

At the Joker Restaurant in Hamburg, on the Reeperbahn about 1/2 block up from Beatlesplatz and Grosse Freiheit, the street that had the clubs where the Beatles legend began.  They actually served this with a long spoon.  Honestly, though, I didn't have the taste for this one.

Reply with quote  #6 

Quote:
Originally Posted by swkelley
I would just like to thank each of you for the time taken to post all the reviews, pics, video, etc. while on YOUR vacation.  It's been nice to be a part of it from the days leading up to and until now, on your way home.  Safe travels to your warm, cozy beds!!!  I look forward to hearing more over the next coming weeks.

My (our, if I may speak for the others) pleasure to share with the group.  That's who we are, what we do.  But the real thanks goes to Bad Habit.  In addition to shooting all the videos and pics, she was a true ambassador for the group, promoting the group to everyone she met (and she may have met every single person in every single venue) and invited all to join our group.

Welcoming CommitteeDirector of Happiness
Reply with quote  #7 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craven Moore

Quote:
Originally Posted by swkelley

My (our, if I make speak for the others) pleasure to share with the group.  That's who we are, what we do.  But the real thanks goes to Bad Habit.  In addition to shooting all the videos and pics, she was a true ambassador for the group, promoting the group to everyone she met (and she may have met every single person in every single venue) and invited all to join our group.

She is one incredible lady and I feel very fortunate to not only have had the opportunity to take in a couple of shows together, but she is a wonderful friend!  who else would drive from her home in GA to NC (when my transportation fell thru) to pick me up to take us to a show in SC ?  Ms. Habit that is who!!

In a heartbeat, worlds are born
 In a heartbeat, worlds collide"
giggles

Director of Laughs,
Levity, and Love

Reply with quote  #8 

Been lying low for several weeks dealing with health issues, and reading about the adventures & exploits of my dear friends Bad Habit, Craven Moore, misphotographer & gracyjj have been a bright beacon guiding me through some dark days and for that I am GREATLY appreciative! I was able to live vicariously through all of your joys & journeys! THANK YOU so much for sharing your MOFRO Pilgrimage with all of us!

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History

Craven Moore

Reply with quote  #9 

Get better Giggles, so we can all see ya at the next one!

Traveling Ambassador of Goodwill
Reply with quote  #10 
Here are some of my over all thoughts:

* My travel mates and I mentioned on more than one occasion that this trip ended up being so much more than we even imagined - and that it's difficult to put into words just how perfect everything was.  I know I used the word "amazing" a lot, but that just doesn't do it justice.  At one point, Hannah commented on her facebook page (I think I mentioned this before) that the week had been life-changing for her.  I completely agree!
* I could've left after the Hamburg show and it still would have been worth every bit of time and money it took to get there!  (even said it would have been worth getting fired over)
* I don't think I want to even consider November.  First, I think it would be too soon and maybe I wouldn't appreciate it as much?  Second, I'm not sure how it could possibly get any better - except for more sleep and cute boys.  Hey giggles, not one single guy hit on us the entire trip!  Damn, I must be losing my touch  But I didn't mind because I had enough of "our boys" around me to keep me satisfied
* I didn't give a whole lot of people cards for the fansite but tried my best - did make lots of new friends!  To hear CM talk you'd think I chatted up everybody I came into contact with.  Well, OK, that may be a little bit true (told you Clay that I sometimes "run my mouth" - ha ha!)
* I never had the same damn beer at any venue!  I'm a Budweiser girl (boring, I know) and it took me awhile to get used to drinking other beers.  Some were good - some were not so good.   But almost always by the fourth one they went down just fine!  I did finally have another Carlsberg when in London, which was nice.
* I noticed at several places people really watching us - I think watching us singing the lyrics (I remember that happening in Raleigh, too).  It made me a little self-conscious at times, so I tried not to move my lips as much  It was also funny because we had gotten so used to the reserved crowds in Germany that I made sure not to hoot and holler too much, so at the Amsterdam show when the crowd started off singing from the very beginning, Misty and I were kind of quiet and not really singing along at first.  It was just kind of amusing to see the way we had changed in just those few shows.
* I fell in love with so many people on this trip!  I think even Chris graduated to the stage where I can call him my boyfriend (for those of you who don't know me, I've called each of the guys my boyfriend at some point - as in "He's my boyfriend, he just doesn't know it" or "I think he loves me even if he doesn't realize it yet").  It usually depends on who I'm the most "in love" with at the time as to who gets dubbed "my boyfriend." *OK, reading back on this, it all sounds a bit ridiculous - o'well, that's me!*  I fell in love with Todd all over again!  I think he was truly the one who was the most excited to see us.  Of course, I guess I fell in love with all the boys all over again!  Ah, Mofro love
* I absolutely loved Ute's dad, George from Unna, and Micah.  Not to mention Hans & Caroline and Florian & Hannah!  Walter.  Josef.  Too many to name, but I loved them all!!!
* I wish I'd thought to get a mailing tube to store our posters!  I didn't end up with that many, but the ones I did get were a bit crumpled after being in my luggage all that time.
* By the way, I asked JJ about the Bamboo Room and he said not any time soon  Is he serious?  Or just hoping I don't find out about it  I was really hoping for another 3-day run and hootenanny at the Pilchard's sometime this summer!!!  I'm going to go ahead and keep visualizing that scenario to put it out there in the universe - just in case!
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

This site is dedicated to Jim "Craven Moore" Jagau, known and loved around the world as the biggest and most dedicated JJ Grey & Mofro fan ever. RIP friend. We miss you.

JJ Grey and Mofro recorded shows on the Live Music Archive

original message board

JJ interviews/show and CD reviews

old info but good no less

Site and goddam profanity rules  © Copyright 2008-2010 mofrofans.com and its assigns and entities; Worldwide Rights Reserved.   This site is not affiliated in any way with JJ Grey & Mofro, Alligator Records, Fog City Records, Madison House Management, JJ Grey, Mofro Productions Inc,, or any other entity.   This website is protected by U.S. and international laws regarding copyright protection, including site design, text, and all images.  This site is run from Tampa, FL, USofA.  All photographs are property of this website and its assigns and entities and are copyrighted by JJ Grey and Mofro.  They cannot be used without express permission.  No permission will be granted for photo rights for commercial purposes.  The photos on this site are expressly for recreational use.   All information on this site is known to be correct but site owner makes no guarantees. The information is gathered and presented to the best of our ability but may not be accurate.  We do our best to present this as a bona-fide fan site, not a gossip site.

tumblr counter