Follow @MofroFans
JJ Grey & Mofro Fansite Message Forums

Author   Comment  
Bad Habit

Traveling Ambassador of Goodwill
Reply with quote  #1 
Another good show Was glad to see harp20, Danny, and Brigzz at the show. I put harp "in charge" of keeping up with the setlist (big thanks!) as I was worn out from the responsibility the past three days. Lots of pressure but I done pretty good

Todd's family was there again. His son came up front during one of the songs (wearing his headphones) and Todd's grin was even BIGGER than normal, if you can imagine that!

Pray for JJ's granny
Sunshine

Welcoming CommitteeDirector of Happiness
Reply with quote  #2 

Erica, what is going on with his Granny?  I hope all is ok

In a heartbeat, worlds are born
 In a heartbeat, worlds collide"
ClaireG79

Reply with quote  #3 
Sending prayers their way!
harmonicasp20

Reply with quote  #4 
His Granny is in the hospital. He mentioned it a couple of times during the show. He never did say exactly what is wrong with her. Praying all is ok with her.
Sunshine

Welcoming CommitteeDirector of Happiness
Reply with quote  #5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by harmonicasp20
His Granny is in the hospital. He mentioned it a couple of times during the show. He never did say exactly what is wrong with her. Praying all is ok with her.

thanks harp20, prayers are on their way.

In a heartbeat, worlds are born
 In a heartbeat, worlds collide"
harmonicasp20

Reply with quote  #6 
Setlist:

1. Hide and Seek
2. DirtfloorCracker
3. Air
4. Woman
5. Beautiful World
6. Country Ghetto
7. Brighter Days
8. Georgia Warhorse (this is where he first mentioned about his Granny being in the hospital)
9. Ybor City
10. Florida
11.Everything Good is Bad
12.Slow Hot and Sweaty
13.Ho Cake
14.Sweetest Thing
15. Orange Blossoms (did not play)
Encore
Lochloosa 
On Fire (did not play)

Great show. Glad to see Bad Habit, lazyep, Misty, and Briggzz there. Always good to share a show with them. Whitey Morgan was ok. Definitely all country. When JJ came out it wasn't until the third song until he actually said anything to the crowd. Found out later why. Alot on his mind with his Granny being in the hospital. It was cool to see Todd's son upfront for a song. Like BH said, Todd's grin was bigger normal. Very cool to see. With all that on JJ's mind he still brought it to the show. Sounded great and put all the emotion and maybe even more into the songs that he usually does. Glad to see Ybor City back in there with Florida. Wish I would have videoed Florida. He put alot of emotion into that one. All the guys were on tonight. Alot of good solos. Trube killed it during Georgia Warhorse. Got to hear Farrell sing or hum a little by himself during Ho Cake. Todd had a great solo during Ho Cake as well. Dennis and Art just keep getting better and better. Their solos was smoking. Lazyep took alot of pics so hopefully she will get them up soon. Overall great night. Just keep JJ and his Granny in your prayers.
MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #7 

Thanks for the review/update hp. I sure hope his granny is okay. Anytime you hear of anyone in their early 90s in the hospital it is concerning no matter what the cause. She's so much a part of all aspects of his life and thusly he has brought her into our lives.

harmonicasp20

Reply with quote  #8 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MofroFan1

Thanks for the review/update hp. I sure hope his granny is okay. Anytime you hear of anyone in their early 90s in the hospital it is concerning no matter what the cause. She's so much a part of all aspects of his life and thusly he has brought her into our lives.

MF1 I couldn't agree more. Me and my friend Danny was talking about the same thing on the way home. Hopefully someone on here will hear how she is doing and let us all know.
Coho61

Reply with quote  #9 

Hello, Gang. Big fan, seen the boys a bunch of times in various parts of the country over the last six years. I've poked around in here a few times, but never stayed, until now.

Important question: does anyone know who this lovely young lady is? Saw her at the Windjammer in May and was smitten. As I was walking in the door to the show in Columbia I turned to my buddy and said "There was this gorgeous girl at the WJ earlier this year right down front. I wonder if she'll be here tonight?"

Five seconds later, BAM, she's there. I wanted to talk to her post-show, but her team bounced immediately. They were probably just trying to save her from what they assumed was some bar creeper.

Although we made border-line meaningful eye contact several times, I aggressively tried to not stare.

Anyway, if you're out there Front Row Mofro Girl: I think you're great!

Aaand you may all now commence telling me what a jerk I am for bothering you with these shenanigans....

Attached Images
Name: windjammer_'11.jpg, Views: 38, Size: 503.36 KB

harmonicasp20

Reply with quote  #10 
Welcome to the Front Porch Coho61! Hope someone on here can help you out with that one. I recognize a few people in the pic though. 
Bad Habit

Traveling Ambassador of Goodwill
Reply with quote  #11 
Any news on Granny?
harmonicasp20

Reply with quote  #12 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Habit
Any news on Granny?

Wondering the same thing?
MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #13 

I sent an email today to Aaron and asked. Ain't heard back. I think he's wrapping up biz and then traveling back home to Boulder for the break.

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

This site is dedicated to Jim "Craven Moore" Jagau, known and loved around the world as the biggest and most dedicated JJ Grey & Mofro fan ever. RIP friend. We miss you.

JJ Grey and Mofro recorded shows on the Live Music Archive

original message board

JJ interviews/show and CD reviews

old info but good no less

Site and goddam profanity rules  © Copyright 2008-2010 mofrofans.com and its assigns and entities; Worldwide Rights Reserved.   This site is not affiliated in any way with JJ Grey & Mofro, Alligator Records, Fog City Records, Madison House Management, JJ Grey, Mofro Productions Inc,, or any other entity.   This website is protected by U.S. and international laws regarding copyright protection, including site design, text, and all images.  This site is run from Tampa, FL, USofA.  All photographs are property of this website and its assigns and entities and are copyrighted by JJ Grey and Mofro.  They cannot be used without express permission.  No permission will be granted for photo rights for commercial purposes.  The photos on this site are expressly for recreational use.   All information on this site is known to be correct but site owner makes no guarantees. The information is gathered and presented to the best of our ability but may not be accurate.  We do our best to present this as a bona-fide fan site, not a gossip site.

tumblr counter