Follow @MofroFans
JJ Grey & Mofro Fansite Message Forums

Author   Comment  
bocomofro

Reply with quote  #1 
The show is tonight.

The last time at the Blue Note, it was the smallest "crowd" I've ever seen JJ play to. It has been a few years; Orange Blossoms tour. I had a blast, anyway.

I sure expect a bigger crowd this time.
And some rarities...
You hear me, JJ?

Is anyone here going to be there?
Craven Moore

Reply with quote  #2 
  1. Bocomofro
  2. Craven Moore

Welcoming CommitteeDirector of Happiness
Reply with quote  #3 

Yea!!!

2 reviews to look forward tomarrie morning with my cup o Joe!!!

In a heartbeat, worlds are born
 In a heartbeat, worlds collide"
Craven Moore

Reply with quote  #4 

Sunny, sorry to sour that Joe,  but won't have access to a computer - heading back straight to DM airport for a blues fest.  I'll get setlist info to MF1,  but an expertexter I'm not!  Worst case, I'll pay you back double on Tuesday.

Reply with quote  #5 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craven Moore

Sunny, sorry to sour that Joe,  but won't have access to a computer - heading back straight to DM airport for a blues fest.  I'll get setlist info to MF1,  but an expertexter I'm not!  Worst case, I'll pay you back double on Tuesday.

done deal! 

Enjoy!!!

barbarella

Reply with quote  #6 
can't wait until tonight!!! Driving from St. Louis to see JJ!!  Save us a spot up front! The show will be worth taking off work! See everyone tonight.
Barb & Christy
Sunshine

Reply with quote  #7 

Everyone say hello to Barb & Christy!!!!!!

Welcome!!

Although I must say that I am a tad envious of your plans for this evening!.I shure hope you come back to The Front Porch and tell us awl about the show.

barbarella

Reply with quote  #8 

Sure will, but won't be back until Friday. Takes us old folks a few days to recover from a road trip and show. I'm excited can't wait to see JJ yeehaa!!

bocomofro

Reply with quote  #9 

I'll be just in front of the soundboard (if my plans work out and all--still have to work); the bald guy.

Come say hi.

Bad Habit

Traveling Ambassador of Goodwill
Reply with quote  #10 
Oh, I'm so jealous - but happy for all y'all that get to go to this show!  Please give those sweet boys a big hug from me  
MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #11 
I'm tardy in welcoming barberella but welcome! Good to hear from bocomofro too. Look forward to hearing from y'all.

Meanwhile we have the dreaded double thread going! Oh my!! Pish-posh. Here's a what I'ma doing. I'm going to copy and paste craven moore's post here, it includes the setlist and his review. I'monna lock the other thread and direct peoples to this one.
MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #12 
Actually I deleted the other thread. (Sorry Sunny, I deleted yours and my comments. Feel free to say again!)

Here's the setlist and what Craven Moore had to say

"Thanks for coming, Columbia.  Welcome to the SEC."  And with that, Gator Boy leads his band through the following 2 hr show:

6 Ways
A Woman
Air
Beautiful World
Country Ghetto
Dirtfloor
Lazy Fo
Jawja Wawhawse
Sweetest Thing
Hide & Seek
Slow Hot Sweaty
EGIB
Orange Blossoms
Ho Cake
Lochloosa

Encore:
(Brighter Days listed, but scratched)
Harp & Drums

The "crowd" (maaaaaybe half full with +/- 225 there), had a great time.  Younger crowd.  Many more students than all the Germany shows combined.

For me, this one was painfully loud.  For the first Mofro show ever, I left my usual perch in front of Todd & the horns and sought refuge in the balcony.  While less painful, it was still thundering mud.  Could have been the lack of bodies to absorb the sound.  Could have been the accoustics of the building.  Could have been just me, but I've had plenty of experience.  JJ didn't seem to be of full voice, but everyone was having fun.  Especially during H&D.  So was it among the top 25 Mofro shows I've ever seen?  Not by a long shot.  Was it still fun?  Sure! (he says as he grabs for the Advil again).

That's what I got. 

barbarella

Reply with quote  #13 

Well it's Friday and back to the real world. Had an absolute blast in Columbia. Jim, who introduced the band is a friend of ours. He knows all the guys in the band. We got to hang out with the guys for a few hours after the show! Talk about fun. Porobably a once in a lifetime oppurtunity. I have some pictures of us with JJ and have to upload them. I can post them to facebook later today.

barbarella

Reply with quote  #14 

Still going to try to make the show in Springfield MO next week! Rock on!

Sunshine

Reply with quote  #15 
Quote:
Originally Posted by barbarella

Well it's Friday and back to the real world. Had an absolute blast in Columbia. Jim,  (as in Craven Moore?)  who introduced the band is a friend of ours. He knows all the guys in the band. We got to hang out with the guys for a few hours after the show! Talk about fun. Porobably a once in a lifetime oppurtunity.wow, that is awesome!  now are they not the nicest down to earth folks!?!  I love em! I have some pictures of us with JJ and have to upload them. I can post them to facebook later today.Can you  post them here too!!!  

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

This site is dedicated to Jim "Craven Moore" Jagau, known and loved around the world as the biggest and most dedicated JJ Grey & Mofro fan ever. RIP friend. We miss you.

JJ Grey and Mofro recorded shows on the Live Music Archive

original message board

JJ interviews/show and CD reviews

old info but good no less

Site and goddam profanity rules  © Copyright 2008-2010 mofrofans.com and its assigns and entities; Worldwide Rights Reserved.   This site is not affiliated in any way with JJ Grey & Mofro, Alligator Records, Fog City Records, Madison House Management, JJ Grey, Mofro Productions Inc,, or any other entity.   This website is protected by U.S. and international laws regarding copyright protection, including site design, text, and all images.  This site is run from Tampa, FL, USofA.  All photographs are property of this website and its assigns and entities and are copyrighted by JJ Grey and Mofro.  They cannot be used without express permission.  No permission will be granted for photo rights for commercial purposes.  The photos on this site are expressly for recreational use.   All information on this site is known to be correct but site owner makes no guarantees. The information is gathered and presented to the best of our ability but may not be accurate.  We do our best to present this as a bona-fide fan site, not a gossip site.

tumblr counter