Follow @MofroFans
JJ Grey & Mofro Fansite Message Forums

Author   Comment   Page 3 of 3      Prev   1   2   3
lil mofro ho

Reply with quote  #41 
Didnt believe me now did ya?! HUGS to you too Sunny!

Attached Images
Name: 2012-01-14_12.31.41.jpg, Views: 46, Size: 150.89 KB

Sunshine

Welcoming CommitteeDirector of Happiness
Reply with quote  #42 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil mofro ho
Didnt believe me now did ya?! HUGS to you to Sunny!

AWESOME PICTURE LMH!!!

bout time you got a picture with that man!

HUGS back at cha!

In a heartbeat, worlds are born
 In a heartbeat, worlds collide"
MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #43 

Well I believe you NOW! Look at the big smile on your face. And JJ looks bundled up like he's at the north pole or something!

MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #44 

CG
Whitehouse
Ybor
Beautiful World
Dirtfloor Cracka
Brighters Days
Georgia Warhorse
Hide n Seek
A Woman
Ho cake
Slow Hot n Sweaty
EGIB
OB
E1: Lochloosa
E2: Sweetest Thing

On Fire was also on the list but not sure where.
Yabbo

Reply with quote  #45 
Well - in between coughing fits I didn't get the chance to scream out GIGGLES or BAD HABIT, plus I was a little towards the back by one of the railings (I'm not vertically gifted, so I need to perch up at a good spot for a good view.  I won't mention anything about being horiz...nevermind I'll keep it clean!).

Art and Dennis definitely keep the east side of the stage intriguing with their dance moves, it's hilarious!  Esp during Slow Hot and Sweaty!

I'm glad JJ told the story with On Fire - I've heard him tell that one a few times, and it gets me every time.  As soon as he said what his dad said about the woman's behind, I screamed LIKE AN ARMY MULE! and got a few laughs from the people around me.

I was excited to hear Whitehouse - I don't think I've heard that live before.  That song gives me chills every time, and I think about my own childhood growing up.  Kissin icky girls at the playground...

I truly enjoyed the entire set, but would have liked to hear one or two more from Lochloosa (no Junior??).  Beautiful World was awesome.  JJ played that solo last year at SPACE, and it's definitely one of my fave tunes on GW.

Perhaps I'll get to meet some of y'all at the next Chi show (won't be able to trip up to WI next week unfortunately).

BTW, any tapers there last night?  I didn't see any.

Oh - since going by my real name "Tom" seems kinda boring compared to everybody's (I love Everybody's!) nicknames around here, I'll sign off with my college nickname...

~Yabbo

IndyMofro'er

Reply with quote  #46 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yabbo

There was a mic stand in the corner of the sound board area.  Don't know if that was a taper's or not.
IndyMofro'er

Reply with quote  #47 
Good show (does anyone ever say it was anything but?).  Lots of interaction between the members.  Whitehouse just keeps getting better and better.  Wish the encore had been different, but what the hell.

During Brighter Days, JJ started telling the story of the meaning of the song.  He paused and I held up the Harp & Drums sign.  He saw it.  Gave me the usually smirk and acknowledgement.  He paused a moment later and laughed for just a second.  I'm thinking it was in response to the sign.

We saw Farrell at the front of the bus before the show, so my TW knocked and waved to him.  He came out and thanked us for coming.  We asked if he could get our Choice Cuts vinyl signed by anyone else on the bus.  JJ and Art had signed it at the last show we were at.  He said he'd be glad to and he vanished back into the bus.  Came back out and it was signed by Daryl, Dennis, Todd, and A.C.  He said Trube wasn't there.  We talked a few minutes about Atlanta and we went over to Einstein's to grab a coffee.  Low and behold.....Trube is there.   We go over and explain he's the last one to sign it and he gladly signed it and we left him alone.

We were on the horns side of the stage, about mid-way back on a little viewing platform.  WORST.  CROWD.  EVER.  People texting the whole show.  People who just talked through the show, never looking at the stage.  Some women trying to explain to me how the band started and JJ wasn't originally part of the band.  Then said she hoped they played Lochloosa, off Blackwater.   Ugh.  I turned away from her as she was talking.  I'd had enough of her and her dad, er, husband and their idiocy.

Venue was cool as heck.  Beer prices were fucking ludicrous.  $6 for a can of Fat Tire.  $7 for a well vodka drink. 

Bad Habit

Traveling Ambassador of Goodwill
Reply with quote  #48 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yabbo
Well - in between coughing fits I didn't get the chance to scream out GIGGLES or BAD HABIT, plus I was a little towards the back by one of the railings (I'm not vertically gifted, so I need to perch up at a good spot for a good view.  I won't mention anything about being horiz...nevermind I'll keep it clean!).

Art and Dennis definitely keep the east side of the stage intriguing with their dance moves, it's hilarious!  Esp during Slow Hot and Sweaty!

I'm glad JJ told the story with On Fire - I've heard him tell that one a few times, and it gets me every time.  As soon as he said what his dad said about the woman's behind, I screamed LIKE AN ARMY MULE! and got a few laughs from the people around me.

I was excited to hear Whitehouse - I don't think I've heard that live before.  That song gives me chills every time, and I think about my own childhood growing up.  Kissin icky girls at the playground...

I truly enjoyed the entire set, but would have liked to hear one or two more from Lochloosa (no Junior??).  Beautiful World was awesome.  JJ played that solo last year at SPACE, and it's definitely one of my fave tunes on GW.

Perhaps I'll get to meet some of y'all at the next Chi show (won't be able to trip up to WI next week unfortunately).

Oh - since going by my real name "Tom" seems kinda boring compared to everybody's (I love Everybody's!) nicknames around here, I'll sign off with my college nickname...

~Yabbo

OK Yaboo, I know I was a little (read a lot) messed up last night, but isn't your name Manno or Tanno - or something like that?  I did ask two guys to the left of me what their last names were - Taylor and Smith - so I tried to find you

Did get to meet the handsome lumberingox for a nanosecond - way better looking than Hasselhoff

During Whitehouse JJ REALLY got into it.  I've heard this song several times now, 

oops, Yaboo, just reread above post and see that this is your college nickname - sorry

Anyway, this version of Whitehouse was definitely the BEST I've heard to date.  It was one of those times when I turned around to look at people near me to see if they were having the same reaction.  Like, holy shit, did that really just happen??  It was blissful

Yes, Art had some extra groove in his groove thang last night.  Good stuff!  (but don't tell him I said that, he'll get a big head .)

Personally, I didn't have AS much fun as I did the night before in St Louis, but I thought it was a great show nonetheless.  AC seemed especially "into it" last night and did what I like to describe as the "G. Love chair grind/dance".  Hell, I'd sit on that seat if it made me move like that 

Looking forward to what I think will be an awesome show tonight.  There's a feeling in the air...  
lil mofro ho

Reply with quote  #49 
We had a great time last night.I enjoyed meeting up again with Giggles, Bad Habit, Blossom, Craven Moore and Modifab. I always wish for different songs in the setlist, but in the end I am always happy.  We brought my son since it was an 18 and up show and while he is not a MOFRO convert, h did have a good time.  We didn't have any problems with the crowds up by the stage.
Lumberingox

Reply with quote  #50 

The Vic was not all too shabby.. We got in within I’d say the first 40 or so, and found a home close to the center on an elevated platform (similar to indymfr).. The drink selection was lack luster, and big city priced, so for once I saved my dinero to fight another day  (like Thursday).. It was also too much of a hassle to fight the crowd on the way to the bar.. The opening acts were well received as the Vic filled up for JJ.. I’d say JC put out a up tempo beat that got the crowd in tune for the opener “my personal favorite opener”  CG.. Nuttin better than the power of CG gut punching ya after 15 months of waiting for a full blown band show…

The remainder of the show lived up to expectations.. I’d hafta say that my personal faves of the night were ho cake , Fire, EGIB *not normally my fave, but the crowd , and myself included was jacked.. It was fun to mumble along in my ogre like voice.. As always I truly enjoyed the solos by trube, dennis, art, and JJ in Lochloosa.. Makes it hard to stand still.. Even when you don’t have more than 2 ft of real estate to your name..

Side notes:

Ø  An open letter to the young intoxicated couple in front of us (if you are out there):  I hope you made it home OK.. I hope you are not too sore from the failed attempt to get on your BF’s shoulders.. I warned the wife to stay the hell outta the way when she said ”Oh god don’t do it” .. I’m glad you enjoyed yourselves, even the making out for the other half of the show part..

Ø  Was nice to make the acquaintances of Indy, Shannon.. A nanosecond greeting of blossom, mod, BH, gigs.. I think I scared blossom.. Appreciate the kind words BH (eat shit clay)..

Ø  We hit the hotel afterwards. No band stalking or anything like that.. My old ass had a beer and hit the sack..

Ø  The Vic seemed to be purty darn packed. Not sure how full the balcony was, as I could not see from my plot of real estate.

Ø  They did play on fire.. Not positive where, other than the second half..

Ø  My pictures & videos pretty much stunk (per norm).. Never the less I took a pie of them.. Just plugged my phone in this morning to see on a CPU..

Ø  I’m going into mourning after the egg my team laid yesterday.. I’ll be back Thursday in Milwaukee..

Attached Images
Name: 2012-01-14_23.53.59.jpg, Views: 28, Size: 1.42 MB

Sunshine

Reply with quote  #51 

nice review Ox! 

and heck, what can I say,

I enjoy each and every one of y'alls reviews! 

Looking forward to our meet up Thursday.

Lumberingox

Reply with quote  #52 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine

nice review Ox! 

As do I.. Need to turn my frown upside down..

Sunshine

Reply with quote  #53 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumberingox
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine

nice review Ox! 

As do I.. Need to turn my frown upside down..

iffin they warshed their hands after they ate their greazy fried chicken,

I think you would not have to turn your frown upside down.

MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #54 

Hey good stuff y'all. Thanks for getting into the spirit of things and bringing us your show review Yabbo! I love watching Art and Dennis, and during SH&S I swear Art's gonna hurt hisself. He's got the moves. Ever notice how Dennis is watching Art for the dance moves? They don't a lot of choreographing or nothing but Art's told me that we they do he's the one that does it. Course with Art you can never be sure if he's tugging at your leg or shooting you straight.

I'm with you on Jr. I'm always just a little disappointed if they don't play it. Seems like if he plays Ho Cake he don't do Jr. Or maybe that's just my perception. I put it in my top 5 encore songs personally (as well as H&D)!

Indy I'm with you on the encore. Nuff said. That's awesome he saw the sign. He probably thinks we're in cahoots. Between me asking (near begging) him about it in Ybor and you talking to Art and holding up your sign JJ's gotta be intrigued at the very least. Very cool you got the album sign. Just goes to show how nice all the guys are. The fact the Farrell would do that just goes to prove it. He could've just as easily come up with an excuse to not do it but they don't think that way. They love the fans.

Nothing worse than people coming to a concert and not watch it or talk thru the whole goddam thing. Why do they go? And for people who talk as if they're the worlds biggest fan and they're saying JJ wasn't with the band when it started?? It would be hard to resist telling them they don't know shit.

I'll come to defend at least some of the texters. I get pictures and blow by blow setlists--which I try to get up here as soon as I can--from folks at shows. And anymore, I'm probably not the only tweeter at a show. It's real hard to tweet in a tight pack so I usually do it from further back where I have a little space. But yeah, other people are texting bullshit. To me--and I'm just speaking for myself because I agree Indy that it's rude or at the very least gives off that perception--I think it's here to stay and will probably get even more common. Sometimes I just want to go back to 2 cans and a piece of string. (I'm leaving myself wide open on that one DT.)

I'll be back; work calls.

Grit

Reply with quote  #55 
Great show last night! I must apologize for not searching out anyone from here. We drove into the city right before showtime and really didnt have a lot of time to go searching. Hope everyone had as good of time as we did.
Started out well as we left the parking garage right across the street from The Vic and walked past JJ's bus. As we walked past I did a double-take of a guy that walked past us in the other direction. The only words I could get out were "Hey, the bass player!" HAHA So Todd turned back and gave a big smile as he headed to the bus. I said "Have a great show man" to which he replied "No, YOU have a great show" and then got on the bus. I feel stupid for at least not shaking his hand but oh well!! So we went in the door with a smile!
The floor was pretty packed by the time we got situated so we found a nice place to sit/stand in the balcony. Great view! My wife always wants to be able to see Art and Dennis do their thing and they didnt disappoint. Was THRILLED to hear Whitehouse as I hadnt heard it live before. Another highlight for me was Everything Good is Bad. The crowd was really into it. Turned out pretty cool. Cool enough for a bra to get thrown onto the stage at one point! HAHA Had loads of fun and are readily awaiting our next adventure!! Thanks JJ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Delerious Tyme

Moderator, Honorary Alumni/AssocProfessor Blackwater U
Reply with quote  #56 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MofroFan1

Hey good stuff y'all. Thanks for getting into the spirit of things and bringing us your show review Yabbo! I love watching Art and Dennis, and during SH&S I swear Art's gonna hurt hisself. He's got the moves. Ever notice how Dennis is watching Art for the dance moves? They don't a lot of choreographing or nothing but Art's told me that we they do he's the one that does it. Course with Art you can never be sure if he's tugging at your leg or shooting you straight.

I'm with you on Jr. I'm always just a little disappointed if they don't play it. Seems like if he plays Ho Cake he don't do Jr. Or maybe that's just my perception. I put it in my top 5 encore songs personally (as well as H&D)!

Indy I'm with you on the encore. Nuff said. That's awesome he saw the sign. He probably thinks we're in cahoots. Between me asking (near begging) him about it in Ybor and you talking to Art and holding up your sign JJ's gotta be intrigued at the very least. Very cool you got the album sign. Just goes to show how nice all the guys are. The fact the Farrell would do that just goes to prove it. He could've just as easily come up with an excuse to not do it but they don't think that way. They love the fans.

Nothing worse than people coming to a concert and not watch it or talk thru the whole goddam thing. Why do they go? And for people who talk as if they're the worlds biggest fan and they're saying JJ wasn't with the band when it started?? It would be hard to resist telling them they don't know shit.

I'll come to defend at least some of the texters. I get pictures and blow by blow setlists--which I try to get up here as soon as I can--from folks at shows. And anymore, I'm probably not the only tweeter at a show. It's real hard to tweet in a tight pack so I usually do it from further back where I have a little space. But yeah, other people are texting bullshit. To me--and I'm just speaking for myself because I agree Indy that it's rude or at the very least gives off that perception--I think it's here to stay and will probably get even more common. Sometimes I just want to go back to 2 cans and a piece of string. (I'm leaving myself wide open on that one DT.)

I'll be back; work calls.

You don't have to leave yourself open for me to throw zingers your way.  Believe me MF1, it's not that complicated.  You're ancient, simple as that.  I don't need a reference of 2 cans and a piece of string to throw that out there.  Just like you, it's the same OLD song and dance, but in your case, mainly just the same OLD song since your doctor won't let you dance, you might break your hip again. 

There's no reason why, 'cause Heaven knows

I'm that moment when you finally let go...

"Two kinds of people in this world:  Those that love Greyhounds and those that lie."
-Sir Art Edmaiston of Troy, TN
Yabbo

Reply with quote  #57 
Crap I must have turned off the email notifications to see the replies (rookie error!).  'Twas a great show, and as soon as I got home I realized a) I totally forgot about the DVD and b) I could have bought it at the show!  So, I find a new copy on eBay for a good deal, and forgot again (lots goin on over here).  I go to track the package like 2 weeks later, and see that it was delivered to my town about a week prior, but I never got it!  Long story short - it was delivered to my old office which is also in my town (Downers Grove), and NOBODY called to tell me it was there.  That tells ya the jackrabbits that I used to work with.  After a few phone calls someone found it, and I think I've watched it like 5 times in the last 2 weeks.  LOVE IT!  I love the stories in the middle.  I had to laugh when Trube couldn't even describe the band's sound.  Every time people ask me, I always stumble.  There is NOBODY like these dudes!

Catch y'all on the flipside - hopefully I'm healthier for the next show and I'll get to meet some mo-folks (I just made that up, I like it).

Side note - anyone going to G. Love at the Metro on 3/17?  I'm not a lick of Irish, so that's what I'll be doin!

Peace..
Yabbo
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

This site is dedicated to Jim "Craven Moore" Jagau, known and loved around the world as the biggest and most dedicated JJ Grey & Mofro fan ever. RIP friend. We miss you.

JJ Grey and Mofro recorded shows on the Live Music Archive

original message board

JJ interviews/show and CD reviews

old info but good no less

Site and goddam profanity rules  © Copyright 2008-2010 mofrofans.com and its assigns and entities; Worldwide Rights Reserved.   This site is not affiliated in any way with JJ Grey & Mofro, Alligator Records, Fog City Records, Madison House Management, JJ Grey, Mofro Productions Inc,, or any other entity.   This website is protected by U.S. and international laws regarding copyright protection, including site design, text, and all images.  This site is run from Tampa, FL, USofA.  All photographs are property of this website and its assigns and entities and are copyrighted by JJ Grey and Mofro.  They cannot be used without express permission.  No permission will be granted for photo rights for commercial purposes.  The photos on this site are expressly for recreational use.   All information on this site is known to be correct but site owner makes no guarantees. The information is gathered and presented to the best of our ability but may not be accurate.  We do our best to present this as a bona-fide fan site, not a gossip site.

tumblr counter