Follow @MofroFans
JJ Grey & Mofro Fansite Message Forums

Author   Comment   Page 3 of 3      Prev   1   2   3
princessrayray

Reply with quote  #41 

Milesgone...the Tabernacle would be great and then moving on up to the Fox would be AWESOME for us Atlanta-Fro-fans!!  I loved them at Variety Playhouse (it was my first ever show!) but I think my favorite place I've seen them play was the Handlebar in SC.  There was something so personal and intimate about that setting.  The sound was fantastic too!  It wasn't *that* crowded and we were front and center for the entire show. 

♪♫ I just want to feel like I do when I'm with you, It's a beautiful world.
The darkness, it ain't so deep, So I reach and I reach and I reach, Higher, Set me free ♫♪
Sunshine

Welcoming CommitteeDirector of Happiness
Reply with quote  #42 
Quote:
Originally Posted by princessrayray

Milesgone...the Tabernacle would be great and then moving on up to the Fox would be AWESOME for us Atlanta-Fro-fans!!  I loved them at Variety Playhouse (it was my first ever show!) but I think my favorite place I've seen them play was the Handlebar in SC.  There was something so personal and intimate about that setting.  The sound was fantastic too!  It wasn't *that* crowded and we were front and center for the entire show. 

PRR, I was probably standing next to you!!

The show there this past Feb was my 2nd fav show!! 

will you be at the Handlebar show next Wed??!!

In a heartbeat, worlds are born
 In a heartbeat, worlds collide"
princessrayray

Reply with quote  #43 

I remember you (I saw your pictures you posted in another thread!) and I was like OMG...I stood next to her at the Handlebar!  LOL!!  Actually, my darling BF was right beside you, I was on his left.  He was directly in front of JJ the whole time.  And I'd love, LoVe, LOVE to be there, but I can't.  I struggled too much the next day after making that crazy drive home last time, and I can't take off from work to recoup, since the holiday is coming up and I'm heading to Savannah to see my sister.  But I definitely plan on coming back when the boys do again.  This is their 3rd show there this year, right?  I'm thinking they'll be back sooner or later.  (I hope!)

The darkness, it ain't so deep, So I reach and I reach and I reach, Higher, Set me free ♫♪
Sunshine

Welcoming CommitteeDirector of Happiness
Reply with quote  #44 
Quote:
Originally Posted by princessrayray

I remember you (I saw your pictures you posted in another thread!) and I was like OMG...I stood next to her at the Handlebar!  LOL!!  Actually, my darling BF was right beside you, I was on his left.  He was directly in front of JJ the whole time.  And I'd love, LoVe, LOVE to be there, but I can't.  I struggled too much the next day after making that crazy drive home last time, and I can't take off from work to recoup, since the holiday is coming up and I'm heading to Savannah to see my sister.  But I definitely plan on coming back when the boys do again.  This is their 3rd show there this year, right?  I'm thinking they'll be back sooner or later.  (I hope!)

how far of a trip would you have to make?  I unfortunately have to work the next day and will get about 4 hrs of sleep, but will be on a MOFRO high to get me through the day!

In a heartbeat, worlds are born
 In a heartbeat, worlds collide"
princessrayray

Reply with quote  #45 

I think it was like a 5 hour trip one way.  We got home around 2:30 or 3 and then I was up at 6:30 getting ready to go to work.  I was SO glad it was a Thursday night show and I only had to make it through one day of work!  I must be getting old, I don't recover like I used to.  (And I didn't drink that night!) 

FireFly

Mofrofans.com Interplanetary

Ambassador

Reply with quote  #46 

skippers......................................!!!!!!!

( funny quotes from rombello )
princessrayray

Reply with quote  #47 

Where is skippers? 

MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #48 
Tampa. 15 mins from my house. Let me introduce you to the longest thread in the 3+ years of the fansite...3,169 posts. Everything you ever wanted to know about Skippers but were afraid to ask!
http://forums.mofrofans.com/post?id=4895874&highlight=skippers
MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #49 
And a great article here that tells the history...
http://www.tampabay.com/features/food/bars/article1121656.ece

MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #50 
You can talk to skotdee about getting DVDs he's shot at Skippers.
http://forums.mofrofans.com/post?id=4816980

And you can run thru the LMA and find audio tapings of shows. Ther's gotta be at least a half dozen or more. http://www.archive.org/details/JJGreyandMOFRO

princessrayray

Reply with quote  #51 
I dunno if I can read 3000+ posts in one sitting without losing my mind.    But thank ya!  I appreciate it!!  I'll definitely have to read it and learn all things Skippers! 

little flower

Reply with quote  #52 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TN_Cracka
I think I started a thread like this on the old board....ah well, new members...new lists! Here are mine:

1. The Ryman
2. Tips
3. The Bamboo Room
4. The Orange Peel
5. The Whiskey-A-GoGo
Would love to see them at the Ryman too!

Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

This site is dedicated to Jim "Craven Moore" Jagau, known and loved around the world as the biggest and most dedicated JJ Grey & Mofro fan ever. RIP friend. We miss you.

JJ Grey and Mofro recorded shows on the Live Music Archive

original message board

JJ interviews/show and CD reviews

old info but good no less

Site and goddam profanity rules  © Copyright 2008-2010 mofrofans.com and its assigns and entities; Worldwide Rights Reserved.   This site is not affiliated in any way with JJ Grey & Mofro, Alligator Records, Fog City Records, Madison House Management, JJ Grey, Mofro Productions Inc,, or any other entity.   This website is protected by U.S. and international laws regarding copyright protection, including site design, text, and all images.  This site is run from Tampa, FL, USofA.  All photographs are property of this website and its assigns and entities and are copyrighted by JJ Grey and Mofro.  They cannot be used without express permission.  No permission will be granted for photo rights for commercial purposes.  The photos on this site are expressly for recreational use.   All information on this site is known to be correct but site owner makes no guarantees. The information is gathered and presented to the best of our ability but may not be accurate.  We do our best to present this as a bona-fide fan site, not a gossip site.

tumblr counter