Follow @MofroFans
JJ Grey & Mofro Fansite Message Forums

Author   Comment   Page 2 of 2      Prev   1   2
Bad Habit

Traveling Ambassador of Goodwill
Reply with quote  #21 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MofroFan1

I'm feeling very left out here. He didn't say nothin about a kiss for me? That bastard.

Who, Aaron?  Tonight I was promised a kiss from Chris  (Again, I forget the whole story - imagine that) I said something about having to work up to getting a kiss from him, and he said I had already earned it.  Told him I had to get my lips ready - guess I'll have to wait until tomorrow  MF1, did you want a kiss from Chris, too?  Or just an ass pinch?  I can do either - or both.  I don't mind.
Craven Moore

Reply with quote  #22 
This show was really enjoyable, nice job of mixing up the selections.  Show opened at 8pm with no opening act, or support act as they call 'em over here.  So the crowd was a little later in arriving, and hanging back greeting each other over the first bier (again, not many to choose from, but much better than Hamburg). 

Result was a seemingly slow start, but things were really picking up by Jookhouse.  Maybe the highlight of the night for me, and many others in the crowd as well.  Fans here seem to be more steeped in jazz (where is that bleepin z key on this kezboard when I reallz need it) and blues, and finally started to really let loose, which continued into an all-out party at the end.  And did I mention everybody smiling?  Plus, for the last few, the club was warming up the disco ball, as the place would become a dance club as soon as they could clear out all the geezers.

This 'merrican geezer walked the hall to the next room, the Electrik Forest, or something like that and tranced out for a couple hours, imagining Bowie recording his Low and Lodger albums (and Heroes?) in this city.

Ah yes, the city.  Wow.  Deserves a few pages of its own, but got a train to catch.  I could spend days and days here, or at least til I ran out of bread.  Quite a melting pot, very much like London, but much cooler.  And the history, wonderful and not so wonderful.  A visit to Topography of Terror, home of the Gestapo, was sad to the point of unsettling.  And could ya'll help a brother out, and keep a few businesses open on a Sunday?!?!?

Admin
Reply with quote  #23 

-Walter the Big Guy  (did he save you a poster??)
-Bad Habit has charm. Who knew?
-At least they don't charge a deposit for plastic cups
-At least they don't charge a deposit for the broom
-"I told him everybody knows Ute!" I don't know how he could be surprised. For the last like 5 years if you went to a music festival or a Mofro show you'd see Firefly. Can't believe you met him, way cool (I met him at the Skipper's (show) and his dad. Way cool.
-Hope Artie is okay. Maybe just a serious case of jet lag. He was tweeting a lot the first couple days and haven't seen a chirp chirp from him the last couple.
-"*lots of older men up front"  Hey! I'm offended.
-"*the zombie"  Uhhhhh...did I miss something somewhere?
-"had the mirror ball in use during the show" Did you disco?

MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #24 
Quote:
And could ya'll help a brother out, and keep a few businesses open on a Sunday?!?!?

OMG, seriously? They like shut everything down on Sundays?

Interesting on the jazz/blues interest relative to the audience. Do you think that's because that's what the club usually draws or because people felt/hoped the band did or how it was promoted or that's kind of the vibe of the city?

Craven Moore

Reply with quote  #25 

I#d say the vibe of the continent. Europe has avidly received Americn jazz and blues for decades

Traveling Ambassador of Goodwill
Reply with quote  #26 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MofroFan1

-Walter the Big Guy  (did he save you a poster??)  he did, he did!
-Bad Habit has charm. Who knew?  I try...
-At least they don't charge a deposit for plastic cups  if they had any
-At least they don't charge a deposit for the broom I'm not sure they really understood me - I pretty much just grabbed the broom and ran out of there - was so embarrassed!
-"I told him everybody knows Ute!" I don't know how he could be surprised. For the last like 5 years if you went to a music festival or a Mofro show you'd see Firefly. Can't believe you met him, way cool (I met him at the Skipper's (show) and his dad. Way cool.  I loved her dad!!
-Hope Artie is okay. Maybe just a serious case of jet lag. He was tweeting a lot the first couple days and haven't seen a chirp chirp from him the last couple.
-"*lots of older men up front"  Hey! I'm offended.  They weren't that old - not as old as you anyway
-"*the zombie"  Uhhhhh...did I miss something somewhere? - OK, only because I don't think this person will be visiting the forum...  the "zombie" for lack of a better word was this person (we think guy) who was totally spaced out through most of the show.  I tried to capture a couple of pictures, but at different times during the show I would stop and imitate him.  He had like one of those 7 second delays - it was just strange.  Guess you had to be there!
-"had the mirror ball in use during the show" Did you disco?  but of course!

IMG_5401

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

This site is dedicated to Jim "Craven Moore" Jagau, known and loved around the world as the biggest and most dedicated JJ Grey & Mofro fan ever. RIP friend. We miss you.

JJ Grey and Mofro recorded shows on the Live Music Archive

original message board

JJ interviews/show and CD reviews

old info but good no less

Site and goddam profanity rules  © Copyright 2008-2010 mofrofans.com and its assigns and entities; Worldwide Rights Reserved.   This site is not affiliated in any way with JJ Grey & Mofro, Alligator Records, Fog City Records, Madison House Management, JJ Grey, Mofro Productions Inc,, or any other entity.   This website is protected by U.S. and international laws regarding copyright protection, including site design, text, and all images.  This site is run from Tampa, FL, USofA.  All photographs are property of this website and its assigns and entities and are copyrighted by JJ Grey and Mofro.  They cannot be used without express permission.  No permission will be granted for photo rights for commercial purposes.  The photos on this site are expressly for recreational use.   All information on this site is known to be correct but site owner makes no guarantees. The information is gathered and presented to the best of our ability but may not be accurate.  We do our best to present this as a bona-fide fan site, not a gossip site.

tumblr counter