Traveling Ambassador of Goodwill
Reply with quote  #21 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Habit
Quote:
Originally Posted by MofroFan1
OMG check this shit out y'all. An article in the Biloxi-Gulfport Sun Herald has an article in it that mentions our own Craven Moore!! Not by name but it's obvious who it is.

In a quote from Chamber Executive Director Tish Williams it says "A man from Iowa is spending three nights at an area hotel because he enjoys JJ Grey & Mofro, one of the headlining acts."
Read more here:
http://www.sunherald.com/2012/06/01/3983311/patrons-party-kicks-off-bridgefest.html

COOL!!!

ps - did you notice the name of the author of the article?  Donna Harris 

no I didn't!!!  nice pull Bad Habit!!  Yeah Brighter Day!!!

one by one, we're making our marks!!!

wait ....... is it our Donna or just a co-inkie-dinkie?

I'm guessing it's purely coincidental...  just thought it was kind funny
Bad Habit

Traveling Ambassador of Goodwill
Reply with quote  #22 
Just talked to Craven Moore about the great show they put on tonight.  He said he'd post a review when he gets home on Tuesday, but here's the setlist:

war

woman

beautiful world

whitehouse

mississippi

lochloosa

hide and seek

brighter days

everything good

sweetest thing

slow hot and sweaty

ho cake

orange blossoms

encore

sun is shining (did not end up playing)

on fire

thefollower

Reply with quote  #23 
I ended up not having the funds to go last night which I am pissed about because I won't be able to see them for a while now.  I can't wait to hear the review about them at the festival.
AntsyAshley

Reply with quote  #24 
Ute and I had a great time at the fest! And we got to meet Jim (CravenMoore) who is a really nice guy! He got up Saturday morning and ran some kind of marathon or half marathon or something. And he was still standing at the after-party seeing Earphunk at Beningo's in Bay St. Louis! What a trooper to come all the way down from Iowa!

Bay St. Louis a a really laid back tiny beach town. The fest was small, but the crowds were large enough and all smiles. The setting was gorgeous on the bay/Gulf overlooking the bridge. The weather was amazing once the sun began to fall. And the show was really fantastic. I'm sooooo glad I went! It is these smaller more intimate fests that I have grown to love over the hugely crowded massive fests that are becoming the norm.
Craven Moore

Reply with quote  #25 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Habit
Just talked to Craven Moore about the great show they put on tonight.  He said he'd post a review when he gets home on Tuesday, but here's the setlist:

war

woman

beautiful world

whitehouse

mississippi

lochloosa

hide and seek

brighter days

everything good

sweetest thing

slow hot and sweaty

ho cake

orange blossoms

encore

sun is shining (did not end up playing)

on fire

Good things are goin' on here in Mississippi.

A highly energetic show in an absolutely beautiful setting just off the beach, with the bay bridge in the background.  Extremely bright and full moon certainly affected some of the creatures in the crowd.  Nice to have Whitehouse in the 4-hole.  Really powerful performance.  Followed by Mississippi.  With plenty of southern references all 'round.  And did I mention all ya'll got some serious humididity down there?  Would have been a sweatfest even if we weren't elbow to elbow. 

No Warhorse this show, I guess surf wasn't up.  Still haven't seen Trube's new toy.  Of course the crowd is singing along to Lochloosa, and JJ lets loose another killer guitar solo.  I never tire of seeing this one live.  Followed by Hide and Seek.  Now there's some of that guitar/cymbal/bass noodly stuff before and after H&S.  Crowd stays totally involved through Brighter Days and EGIB.  Band is having a blast, letting it all out for the On Fire encore, with JJ even throwing in some Junior-esque head cuttin' on the harp during that cacophony near the end.  Another damn good reason to get out the house on a Saturday night.

Finally got to meet AntsyAshley and Firefly (we'd met PapaFly and BroFly in Berlin in March).  Let's do it again sometime soon!

As Antsy mentioned, Bay St Louis is a cool little town.  They really pulled out a great community effort for the entire weekend.  Friday night's Juke Joint Jam had live music in 4 or 5 venues in a block/block and a half stretch, including slide-demon John Mooney, who ran up the street after his set to sit in with Camile of the Radiators and Papa Mali, for some serious wickedry.  The next morning came wayyyy too early, as it was 5k runnin' time.  That I was able to get over that big ol' bridge without tossin' cookies into the Gulf of Mexico is a miracle, given all the Malibu rum and Southern Pecan ale of the night befo'.  

The town hosts many artists, with lots of great stuff on display in the streets.  Three stages with free entertainment all day Sat and Sun.  Really, really enjoyed the Papa Grows Funk set.  Art got to jam a little with em.  All this from a little town that was obliterated by "the storm" a few years ago (no one there referred to it by Katrina).  I had absolutely no idea, because all most of the world heard about was New Orleans.  But their resolve and resiliency is simply astounding.  To have met some of them and hear/read their stories...WOW.  And they were quite amused by this Iowan wandering around.  I had to keep looking in mirrors to see if I had grown green antennae, but maybe it was just that I talked funny.

Reply with quote  #26 
....a co-inkie-dinkie?? HaHa!...just a coincidence...I found it kind of
funny too...never have heard of anyone with my name...wonder what 
she looks like......

Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

This site is dedicated to Jim "Craven Moore" Jagau, known and loved around the world as the biggest and most dedicated JJ Grey & Mofro fan ever. RIP friend. We miss you.

JJ Grey and Mofro recorded shows on the Live Music Archive

original message board

JJ interviews/show and CD reviews

old info but good no less

Site and goddam profanity rules  © Copyright 2008-2010 mofrofans.com and its assigns and entities; Worldwide Rights Reserved.   This site is not affiliated in any way with JJ Grey & Mofro, Alligator Records, Fog City Records, Madison House Management, JJ Grey, Mofro Productions Inc,, or any other entity.   This website is protected by U.S. and international laws regarding copyright protection, including site design, text, and all images.  This site is run from Tampa, FL, USofA.  All photographs are property of this website and its assigns and entities and are copyrighted by JJ Grey and Mofro.  They cannot be used without express permission.  No permission will be granted for photo rights for commercial purposes.  The photos on this site are expressly for recreational use.   All information on this site is known to be correct but site owner makes no guarantees. The information is gathered and presented to the best of our ability but may not be accurate.  We do our best to present this as a bona-fide fan site, not a gossip site.

tumblr counter