Follow @MofroFans
JJ Grey & Mofro Fansite Message Forums

Author   Comment  
Delerious Tyme

Moderator, Honorary Alumni/AssocProfessor Blackwater U
Reply with quote  #1 
It has been a little quiet around here, so here is some info that I have known about for quite some time but out of respect of those involved I restrained from telling.  Be ready for some more band changes.

After Jam Cruise, Farrell and Trube will be leaving Mofro to work full time on their band, the Greyhounds.  Yup, them 'Hounds are going big time.  Should have a new record out here soon and they will be touring in support of it. 

It sucks to have more band changes, but is awesome why these two are leaving as they deserve this and work really hard at what they do.  It is about time they concentrated on their own music and start getting their name and music out there to be heard, because it is killer. 

There's no reason why, 'cause Heaven knows

I'm that moment when you finally let go...

"Two kinds of people in this world:  Those that love Greyhounds and those that lie."
-Sir Art Edmaiston of Troy, TN
mofrofan919

Reply with quote  #2 
Me and the wife have known also for a while. Super excited for Farrell and Trube but really sad to see them go.
thomk

Reply with quote  #3 
I'm curious, how do you guys know these types of things?
AntsyAshley

Reply with quote  #4 
Wow -- thanks for the update, DT. So happy for Anthony and Andrew to focus more on their own fantastic work. Love those guys.

I wonder how JJ will re-craft his new sound? Should be interesting to see how things go during the Germany run this summer.
AntsyAshley

Reply with quote  #5 
P.S. I wish I was on Jam Cruise right now!!
TrophyWife

Reply with quote  #6 
Ironically, I was going to start this very post this morning! Only I think it should be titled "who let the dogs out?"!

I will be very sad to lose Trube and Farrell because I really love the sound they brought to Mofro. At the same time I'm very happy for them to be able to focus on their own music, b/c the Greyhounds are awesome in their own right! 

Ash - I agree. It will be interesting to see what direction JJ takes things moving forward.

P.S. I can't even deal with not being on the boat right now.

Reply with quote  #7 
I'm going to jump in on this thread because I've been meaning to for years, but have been sitting here quietly enjoying the posts and all of you! I fell in love with JJ & Mofro the first time I heard them a few years back and while I haven't been around nearly as long as most of you, I've made it my mission to see them as much as humanly possible (with two young kids, a small biz & limited budget)! I just saw my 10th show (!!!) (at the Aggie in FoCO - CO) & already have my tix for Red Rocks. Have been lucky to see them a couple times outside CO too.
Just want to say how much I appreciate you all. It lets me know that I'm not the only who has this intense connection to the music & what these guys do. This stuff just gets in your soul...
Will be sad not to see Trube & Farrell again - or maybe I'll have to see a Greyhounds show. I wish them the best.
Would love to hear updates from JamCruise...

MrsIndyMofro

Reply with quote  #8 
Excuse me while I go cry into my lunch here at work [frown]
FireFly

Mofrofans.com Interplanetary

Ambassador

Reply with quote  #9 
The pooldeck set was SMOKiNG hot!!!! Godamn!
P.S.
jj added a female backup singer

( funny quotes from rombello )
FireFly

Ambassador

Reply with quote  #10 
More to come later, f******* tired,lol
Sunshine

Welcoming CommitteeDirector of Happiness
Reply with quote  #11 
Yep, it was inevitable that Anthony and Andrew would eventually go Full Throttle
 They deserve their own success and I can only hope this will bring them back
to the Asheville area.  I saw them Hounds with the spaceman last year and
they were great!!  I love their sound and Anthony's voice. 
wishing them the best life has to offer, and then some.
Thanks DT for making this public knowledge,
as I was getting antsy so say something

In a heartbeat, worlds are born
 In a heartbeat, worlds collide"
DABoccio

Reply with quote  #12 
So, does anyone have any insider knowledge as to who will be joining the band with the Hounds being gone?

Reply with quote  #13 
Inevitable yes... as soon as they announced they'd head out with City And Colour, I mentioned this happening soon to a few friends up here. Feels like the right time...

Very Jazzed for the fellas. They've aligned themselves with many great folks over the years.

I'm certainly not all "connected" like y'all... but I also get the impression AC won't be drumming with Greyhounds going forward.

Quite the shake up all round... I'm excited to see what JJ comes up with tween now and Red Rocks beginning of May. One wonders bout Daryl... not likely I'd guess. Did I hear Firefly say something about a female backing some vocals? Perhaps a connection there with Dennis?

Yep I said Red Rocks!! Woohoo!!

Ambassador

Reply with quote  #14 
yes, a cute little thing as backup singer, and dennis told me her name and I foooooorgooooot, damnit, I think it was nina, shit, my brains ain't worth it.

when I first saw her I was thinking she is going to do what ? she wasn't singing much but that is probably because her and jj have to work that out properly. she sang on a new song and she has a voice!!!! so lookout for THAT people, I always wanted to see jj adding vocals, females that is. should be great once he has it figured out.

To see the greyhounds go is sad, yes, I was looking thru some old photos and i didn't realize how long they have been with mofro, looong time. excited to see what those boys will be up to in the future. 

AC was onboard with roosevelt collier, they did a 'super jam" , which included everybody and their mother. matt lapham is part of the roosevelt trio as well. 
matt and ac represented in the jamroom, saw farrell in there too. last night in there ac played the keys,drums,sax and fiddled with the percussions, I wanted to bring him a kitchensink but they wouldn't let me remove it from the cafeteria.

it is time for a change for sure. so look out for all of our boys and their future projects.

I wish I had more info, opportunity didn't come up to ask, I saw all of them out and about ,enjoying themselves in the beautiful weather or checking out music and it didn't seem right to drill them while standing in the buffet lines. 

never ran into jj once, although I had a mojito waiting for him,haha,

sets should become available soon online, look out for the pooldeck set, it was smokin sexy hot!!!!! I didn't care for the theatre set.

also  for you karl denson fans, pooldeck set , second half , they covered the dirty minds album, was pretty sick. 
and a band called brownout did a funky set covering black sabbath, it was off da hook yo!

FireFly

Ambassador

Reply with quote  #15 
there are some great shots in here from dave mann, photographer extraordinaire 

http://liveforlivemusic.com/features/an-in-depth-look-at-the-funky-side-of-jam-cruise-14-photos-review/#gallery505

FireFly

Ambassador

Reply with quote  #16 
I have some photos too but I just bought this new camera, gotta buy a thingie to stick the thingie into it and stick that into my computer to unload the pics, I could also link the camera to the computer but that would be too advanced, we didn't have all that technology on my planet, I am a little behind. i onlt know how to operate a spaceship.
Delerious Tyme

Moderator, Honorary Alumni/AssocProfessor Blackwater U
Reply with quote  #17 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DABoccio
So, does anyone have any insider knowledge as to who will be joining the band with the Hounds being gone?

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you on this.  Yes, we do know who is joining the band in their place.  It is Zach Gilbert on Guitar and Eric Brigmond on the keys.  Both are local and from the Jacksonville area.  Eric played with former/now current drummer Craig Barnette in Donovan Frankenrieter's (sp?) band. 

There's no reason why, 'cause Heaven knows

I'm that moment when you finally let go...

"Two kinds of people in this world:  Those that love Greyhounds and those that lie."
-Sir Art Edmaiston of Troy, TN
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

This site is dedicated to Jim "Craven Moore" Jagau, known and loved around the world as the biggest and most dedicated JJ Grey & Mofro fan ever. RIP friend. We miss you.

JJ Grey and Mofro recorded shows on the Live Music Archive

original message board

JJ interviews/show and CD reviews

old info but good no less

Site and goddam profanity rules  © Copyright 2008-2010 mofrofans.com and its assigns and entities; Worldwide Rights Reserved.   This site is not affiliated in any way with JJ Grey & Mofro, Alligator Records, Fog City Records, Madison House Management, JJ Grey, Mofro Productions Inc,, or any other entity.   This website is protected by U.S. and international laws regarding copyright protection, including site design, text, and all images.  This site is run from Tampa, FL, USofA.  All photographs are property of this website and its assigns and entities and are copyrighted by JJ Grey and Mofro.  They cannot be used without express permission.  No permission will be granted for photo rights for commercial purposes.  The photos on this site are expressly for recreational use.   All information on this site is known to be correct but site owner makes no guarantees. The information is gathered and presented to the best of our ability but may not be accurate.  We do our best to present this as a bona-fide fan site, not a gossip site.

tumblr counter