Follow @MofroFans
JJ Grey & Mofro Fansite Message Forums

Author   Comment  
zcreative

Reply with quote  #1 
I just saw on fb that the boys are headed back to south florida for a gig at the Grand re-opening of the Bamboo Room on Feb 18th! SWEEET! That place rocks and IKO IKO is a local legend. I tried to reserve tix but got a recording, hopefully they will call back so I can lock it in.

Great venue http://bambooroomblues.com/

Really looking forward to another gig and I'm hoping we can all grab a beverage together. The Culture Room was a challenge to even breathe let alone let alone shoot the sh!t with other forum members. I'm sure this place will be packed too but the layout is much different. This is going to be incredible!

giggles

Director of Laughs,
Levity, and Love

Reply with quote  #2 
Looking up airfare NOW!
(Maybe I'm blind but I don't see mention of this on FB, did they delete the post?)

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History

Mr Pilchard

Reply with quote  #3 
And 'FB' is what?

Reply with quote  #4 
Facebook. It was posted by Graham of Iko Iko
Mr Pilchard

Reply with quote  #5 
Damn! Showing me age again - Facebook huh - Graham, is that the guy that plays with Albert Castiglia from time to time? Big guy, beard and glasses

Reply with quote  #6 
That's him! IKO IKO is awesome and it will be a real treat to catch both bands on the same night. And I'm a huge fan of Albert too! I shot his cd release party in August if you're interested in taking a peek http://www.flickr.com/photos/zcreative/sets/72157624711973951/
swkelley

Alumni/Assoc Professor
Blackwater U

Reply with quote  #7 
While this would be wonderful news, it is incorrect information.  A good friend of mine is doing the booking for the Bamboo Room and said that JJ Grey and Mofro are not playing there on the 18th......not to mention, opening night is the night before on the 17th.....local artist......David Shelley.  Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Nice meeting you at the Culture Closet, zcreative......you too, modifab!

Reply with quote  #8 
Awe - Whateva - It could still happen - Give it a few dayz......

nice pix by the way Z. U know SoFlaDave?

he's one of the gifted ones too!

Camera God he is..........

We're goin to See Mr Castiglia this Saturday night

Maybe we'll see ya there?

Reply with quote  #9 
aw man what a major bummer. SWK no offense but I sincerely hope your friend is wrong! Although David Shelley also rocks, I really hope the gig is as Graham thinks it is. He seems to be looking forward to it too. I took a screenshot of the post.

Somebody is wrong and I HOPE HOPE HOPE it isn't Graham

Mr Pilchard I had the pleasure of meeting SoFlaDave twice now and he is a righteous dude. Would be cool to meet you tomorrow, I'm always up for catching a Castiglia gig but I might be at the Galactic show. Will let you know if we go though, would be cool to hook up for a brew.  Was nice to meet you too swkelley! Although it was pretty tight in the Culture Room. And by pretty tight I mean if I had a lump of coal in my pocket I would have had a diamond at the end of the show. Brutal but the show was awesome of course.

Fingers crossed for the Iko Iko/Mofro gig!

Attached Images
Name: ikimofro.png, Views: 15, Size: 90.17 KB

Sunshine

Welcoming CommitteeDirector of Happiness
Reply with quote  #10 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zcreative
And by pretty tight I mean if I had a lump of coal in my pocket I would have had a diamond at the end of the show.

In a heartbeat, worlds are born
 In a heartbeat, worlds collide"
MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #11 

Well shit...I dunno what to think! It all sounds damn good tho. Cain't be bad! Hey z, who is Graham? On his post it says JJ Grey (Mofro). I'm wondering if it's not a solo show...?

zcreative

Reply with quote  #12 
Clay, Graham is the front man of Iko Iko ( http://www.iko-iko.com/ ) Really nice guy and an incredible songwriter and storyteller. I have a tendency to "idolize" musicians I respect for their talent and it is always a true treat when you meet them and they are actually cool people too. This dude is no exception. Immediately friendly and personable and an awesome painter too. So anyway to your point, that is a good catch... maybe it is just JJ solo? Either way I hope it freakin happens!!
zcreative

Reply with quote  #13 
SWEET! It is confirmed!

Time
Friday, February 18 · 9:00pm - 11:00pm

LocationLake Worth, FL

Created By

More InfoJJ Grey solo performance
http://www.bambooroomblues.com

SoFlaDave

Reply with quote  #14 
When you go to the Bamboo Room website click on the link at the bottom that says   "Latest News"    then under the heading that says "Bamboo Room Re-Opens: Thursday February 17, 2001"   there is a  "Click here for more details"
That link was just updated today with the info about JJ.    And JJ's Facebook was also just updated with this news.

Important note:   The capacity at the Bamboo Room is maybe only 200 so once tickets go on sale make sure you get yours immediately.    

Stan, can you maybe find out from Donald or Craig on how many tickets will be sold?

See everyone on Friday the 18th.
swkelley

Alumni/Assoc Professor
Blackwater U

Reply with quote  #15 

Dave.....you are correct.  Capacity at the club will be close to 200 since they have taken out most of the tables and chairs.  It used to be about 120...talk about some intimate Mofro shows back in the day......good times, GOOD TIMES!!!

Reply with quote  #16 
Can't wait to hang out with you guys at Bamboo. This is going to be a really tough ticket. I hope I don't have to get a job at the place for the night just to see the show. But, I would.

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

This site is dedicated to Jim "Craven Moore" Jagau, known and loved around the world as the biggest and most dedicated JJ Grey & Mofro fan ever. RIP friend. We miss you.

JJ Grey and Mofro recorded shows on the Live Music Archive

original message board

JJ interviews/show and CD reviews

old info but good no less

Site and goddam profanity rules  © Copyright 2008-2010 mofrofans.com and its assigns and entities; Worldwide Rights Reserved.   This site is not affiliated in any way with JJ Grey & Mofro, Alligator Records, Fog City Records, Madison House Management, JJ Grey, Mofro Productions Inc,, or any other entity.   This website is protected by U.S. and international laws regarding copyright protection, including site design, text, and all images.  This site is run from Tampa, FL, USofA.  All photographs are property of this website and its assigns and entities and are copyrighted by JJ Grey and Mofro.  They cannot be used without express permission.  No permission will be granted for photo rights for commercial purposes.  The photos on this site are expressly for recreational use.   All information on this site is known to be correct but site owner makes no guarantees. The information is gathered and presented to the best of our ability but may not be accurate.  We do our best to present this as a bona-fide fan site, not a gossip site.

tumblr counter