Follow @MofroFans
JJ Grey & Mofro Fansite Message Forums

Author   Comment  
Craven Moore

Reply with quote  #1 
More to come.  Lost complete reviews twice to re-boot.  Won´t be a third time.

99 Shades
Everzthing is a Song
Air
Ghetto
Warhorse
Hide Seek
War
Your Lady
Sweetest
Ybor
OB
Slow Hot
Ho Cake
Encore:
Lochloosa
EGIB - not listed
Second Encore:
On Fire

Reply with quote  #2 

Heya, that was real fun to meet you Craven Moore and also Debi and Flori & Hanna  ;-)

and hanging around after the show :-)

Sound in Colos Saal was pretty good and we started the show with great feelings.

Sadly there was a bitter pill too, such the owner of this club picked from some people the cams in an unkind behavor....

anyway.. the show was GREAT

for the moment is all i can give my pics:

https://picasaweb.google.com/104599928918248036661/JJGreyMofroColosSaalAschaffenburg02

gudi

Reply with quote  #3 

update [smile]

before the owner catched our cams, we could save this new song ;-)

Enjoy ;-)

Craven Moore

Reply with quote  #4 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craven Moore
More to come.  Lost complete reviews twice to re-boot.  Won´t be a third time.

99 Shades
Everzthing is a Song
Air
Ghetto
Warhorse
Hide Seek
War
Your Lady
Sweetest
Ybor
OB
Slow Hot
Ho Cake
Encore:
Lochloosa
EGIB - not listed
Second Encore:
On Fire

Did this really happen. or did I make it all
up...

My favorite show of the tour.  No blown fuses like the Nuremberg show the night before.  This one was totally electric, with unbelievable flow of energy between band and crowd.  The guys played this venue last year, so there were plenty of familiar faces.  Got to "officially" meet Gudi, who has been at other shows in various cities over the past three years. 

99 Shades started it all off, going from zero to frenzy in about six seconds.  The band was incredibly tight all night.  For the second night in a row, JJ introduced the new Everything is a Song.  Joyful with an Al Green-ish groove, just dripping with horns.  Having been close enough to see the setlist taped near JJ's mic stand, Gudi and a couple of her friends knew it was coming and had cameras ready.   What came next was totally unexpected, given that in the many, many German shows we had previously been to, we hadn't even noticed "bouncers" or overbearing, self-important brutes posing as security.  Granted, video recording is not officially allowed by the band, but those that use pocket cameras and/or phones to catch a song or two should not have been manhandled like felons.  A simple request or reminder to not record would have been respected.  I don't remember seeing any do's or don'ts explicitly on the ticket or posted anywhere else in the venue.  But on this night, it didn't stop the thuggish owner from confiscating cameras and physically throwing out one of Gudi's friends who objected.  That Gudi was able to post her clip is a miracle that only ranks behind the Immaculate Conception and Lyle Lovett snagging Julia Roberts.  Many thanks!

Air breezily followed, with the enthusiastic and polite German crowd singing along only after being invited to by JJ.  Next was a full body slam, one of the most powerful, perfectly performed, full energy sequence of songs I've ever seen.  A magnificently snarly Ghetto, followed by an absolutely crazy Warhorse.  The guys in the band are such talented musicians, they can improvise and tinker like nobody's bidness.  Hardly ever are solos note-for-note identical to the previous night, so Art's delivery on this one was no surprise.  But so powerful!  Todd's bass line was as clean and cutting as a surgeon's scalpel.  The highlight of the song on this night was JJ and Trube trading riffs after Trube solo and attempted destruction of the drum kit with his lap gadget.  Hide & Seek was flawless, with JJ scratching and Farrell just blistering the keys.  War was a full blast of venom, followed by Your Lady with Art nearly blowing his head off his shoulders trading riffs with JJ.

The crowd got to regroup, celebrating and singing along for the next few familiar gems.  Slow Hot featured Dennis' sultry solos, dragging the final notes out until the tone simply evaporated.  At this point, just a wonderful, wonderful show.

Then comes Ho Cake.  The interplay was like nothing I'd seen before.  The stretching out, the trading off, all of it all so effing SEAMLESS.  A crazy, crazy masterpiece, leaving the crowd howling and screaming themselves hoarse.

Coming back for an encore to a stomping, clapping, chanting, whistling mass, the band followed with a pristine and emotionally climatic Lochloosa.  Next came a bonus, Everything Good is Bad, with the crowd totally engaged, and not willing to let the house lights come back on.  On Fire was the second encore, another mind-blowing jam with everyone pitching in perfectly.  An absolutely exhausting two hour treat.

Here's Slow Hot and most of Ho Cake, plus Orange Blossoms, thanks to the240zfan:

Welcoming CommitteeDirector of Happiness
Reply with quote  #5 

Your review, as awlways, well worth the wait!  Thank you!!!

"That Gudi was able to post her clip is a miracle
that only ranks behind the Immaculate Conception
and Lyle Lovett snagging Julia Roberts.  Many
thanks!"

that makes listening to this song even more special!!

In a heartbeat, worlds are born
 In a heartbeat, worlds collide"
gudi

Reply with quote  #6 

well, it wasn't a miracle [wink]

i thought just, the Fans need to see it, so i have post this video in YouTube  "not open".

Anyway.... more good news,
the tape is finish, i will try to share it somehow with all of you.

I'm not sure yet how, i never made it with archive.org
but maybe i will try it ;-)

I will let you know when i found a way !

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

This site is dedicated to Jim "Craven Moore" Jagau, known and loved around the world as the biggest and most dedicated JJ Grey & Mofro fan ever. RIP friend. We miss you.

JJ Grey and Mofro recorded shows on the Live Music Archive

original message board

JJ interviews/show and CD reviews

old info but good no less

Site and goddam profanity rules  © Copyright 2008-2010 mofrofans.com and its assigns and entities; Worldwide Rights Reserved.   This site is not affiliated in any way with JJ Grey & Mofro, Alligator Records, Fog City Records, Madison House Management, JJ Grey, Mofro Productions Inc,, or any other entity.   This website is protected by U.S. and international laws regarding copyright protection, including site design, text, and all images.  This site is run from Tampa, FL, USofA.  All photographs are property of this website and its assigns and entities and are copyrighted by JJ Grey and Mofro.  They cannot be used without express permission.  No permission will be granted for photo rights for commercial purposes.  The photos on this site are expressly for recreational use.   All information on this site is known to be correct but site owner makes no guarantees. The information is gathered and presented to the best of our ability but may not be accurate.  We do our best to present this as a bona-fide fan site, not a gossip site.

tumblr counter