Follow @MofroFans
JJ Grey & Mofro Fansite Message Forums

Author   Comment  
turtleman

Reply with quote  #1 
Well, I found an article that says that a "Georgia Warhorse" is a particularly tenacious type of southern grasshopper.  I doubt I am the first to discover this article, but check out this link to the article: http://207.170.131.65/?q=node/2116
It breaks down the new Mofro album, which I personally am holding out hope that its release date is timed for a "Blackwater Sol Revue III".  I would rather go to St. Augustine to buy new CD and listen to JJ play it live for me and the rest of the fans before I even put it into the player.
Just thought I'd share it in case someone hasn't already read it.

Peace
MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #2 
Good to see ya round these parts again turtleman. Lots of good stuff goin on here. Thanks for posting. Yessir there's a ton of discussion--even photos of the Georgia Warhorse--(aka crotch crickets, or as Jimbo calls 'em 'hopperassbugs)--on the "Georgia Warhorse Album Cover" thread.  You can jump straight to the thread here ifn you want: http://forums.mofrofans.com/post?id=4756473

There's a handful of articles that have been posted in the last week with the same info as the Cincy link. They're all picking it up from the press release announcing the album that band mgt sent out a week or so back. Some are running the full thing; some are running what they've room (like the Cincy people did)--and some are enhancing it with some Q&A answers direct from phone interviews with JJ-- by cutting and pasting from the press release that went out a week or so back  http://www.mofrofans.com/georgiawarhorsepress.html

Thanks for starting this thread. We got 50-ish people that hang out on the site every day but there's another 100 to 200 that are of a group that come on 2-3 times a month or once every 4-6 weeks.  Often times the info gets rather easy to miss. (And that'll get moreso as we get closer to the record release.) 

The album cover thread has had near 500 views and 50 posts plus we got another 2 or 3 GA WH threads going on so I'd rather have some redundancy than people missing good/interesting/informative/etc posts.

As for the whole BSRIII thing...I feel good about that. I got absolutely nothing to base it on other than a feeling. Seriously. Nobody has even given me the slightest clue as to a BSRIII--but there a teeny, tiny "things", I can't even explain-- that make feel good about it. 

Or it could be the illicit drugs.

turtleman

Reply with quote  #3 
Well, I hope your feeling is more that just the illicit drugs, cause I really have been hoping for a BSR III, BSR I, was my first live Mofro experience, and I was really hoping it would be a great show to attend for years to come.  Thanks for your info on my post, I love the new cover, and I hope there is a cool T-shirt like the Orange Blossoms album had.
Peace.
MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #4 

Like I said above I cain't make no promises whatsoever on BSRIII but as for t-shirts with the hopperassbug on it I just about can.

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

This site is dedicated to Jim "Craven Moore" Jagau, known and loved around the world as the biggest and most dedicated JJ Grey & Mofro fan ever. RIP friend. We miss you.

JJ Grey and Mofro recorded shows on the Live Music Archive

original message board

JJ interviews/show and CD reviews

old info but good no less

Site and goddam profanity rules  © Copyright 2008-2010 mofrofans.com and its assigns and entities; Worldwide Rights Reserved.   This site is not affiliated in any way with JJ Grey & Mofro, Alligator Records, Fog City Records, Madison House Management, JJ Grey, Mofro Productions Inc,, or any other entity.   This website is protected by U.S. and international laws regarding copyright protection, including site design, text, and all images.  This site is run from Tampa, FL, USofA.  All photographs are property of this website and its assigns and entities and are copyrighted by JJ Grey and Mofro.  They cannot be used without express permission.  No permission will be granted for photo rights for commercial purposes.  The photos on this site are expressly for recreational use.   All information on this site is known to be correct but site owner makes no guarantees. The information is gathered and presented to the best of our ability but may not be accurate.  We do our best to present this as a bona-fide fan site, not a gossip site.

tumblr counter