Follow @MofroFans
JJ Grey & Mofro Fansite Message Forums

Author   Comment  
madcow

Reply with quote  #1 
I don't know if there is any new information provided (I'm still trying to digest the information on this site) but I saw that there is an article on JJ Grey & Mofro in this month's Relix magazine.

Unfortunately, I've seen enough of that Yo Gabba Gabba guy on the cover to last a lifetime.

FireFly

Mofrofans.com Interplanetary

Ambassador

Reply with quote  #2 

cool article, it mentions mofrofans.com and it even gets all the bandmembers right,

( funny quotes from rombello )
Sunshine

Welcoming CommitteeDirector of Happiness
Reply with quote  #3 

thanks for posting madcow!

any time you see a review, article, etc. please post!!

In a heartbeat, worlds are born
 In a heartbeat, worlds collide"
MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #4 
Great job madcow! Thanks. I made a PDF out of the article so people don't have to YO Gabba Gabba unless they want to.

Attached Files
pdf JJ_GREY_RELIX_ARTICLE_JAN_FEB_2011.pdf (3.56 MB, 1311 views)

zcreative

Reply with quote  #5 
That was a great article. I like the "Hercules Horns" reference and there was some cool history there. Anyone know who shot the 2 lead photos? I didn't see any photo credits and I really love the way the images are shot. Cool article all around!
FireFly

Ambassador

Reply with quote  #6 
I think those might be the photos they did for a promo shoot for southern thread. There was a link on the old board , nice stuff.
MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #7 

Yes I think firefly's right about the one by the tin building. But not the other one tho, it was shot last fall in New Orleans. It may be at Tips. It was done while they were in town playing there. I was just looking to see if I could find the shooter's name but couldn't. It was on the old mofro website I think.

MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #8 
Same shooter that did this one. Same day, this was taken at some bridge in NOLA.

musiclovinmom

Reply with quote  #9 

That's a great article - I also really like the photos.  I like the idea that they were taken in NO, I just love NOLA.

FireFly

Ambassador

Reply with quote  #10 
They used one of those photos for prime posters in late '08, I have one that I took of the wall in Nashville, the one where he plays the guitar by that tin building. It's big too, got a funny look from the security guy.
giggles

Director of Laughs,
Levity, and Love

Reply with quote  #11 
Like when you liberated the FireFly vodka sign from the Common Grounds in Gainesville? I recall a certain security guard giving you the ol' fisheye then too!

Great article...... AWESOME pictures!

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History

FireFly

Ambassador

Reply with quote  #12 
Haha, I'm a postersnatcher
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

This site is dedicated to Jim "Craven Moore" Jagau, known and loved around the world as the biggest and most dedicated JJ Grey & Mofro fan ever. RIP friend. We miss you.

JJ Grey and Mofro recorded shows on the Live Music Archive

original message board

JJ interviews/show and CD reviews

old info but good no less

Site and goddam profanity rules  © Copyright 2008-2010 mofrofans.com and its assigns and entities; Worldwide Rights Reserved.   This site is not affiliated in any way with JJ Grey & Mofro, Alligator Records, Fog City Records, Madison House Management, JJ Grey, Mofro Productions Inc,, or any other entity.   This website is protected by U.S. and international laws regarding copyright protection, including site design, text, and all images.  This site is run from Tampa, FL, USofA.  All photographs are property of this website and its assigns and entities and are copyrighted by JJ Grey and Mofro.  They cannot be used without express permission.  No permission will be granted for photo rights for commercial purposes.  The photos on this site are expressly for recreational use.   All information on this site is known to be correct but site owner makes no guarantees. The information is gathered and presented to the best of our ability but may not be accurate.  We do our best to present this as a bona-fide fan site, not a gossip site.

tumblr counter