Follow @MofroFans
JJ Grey & Mofro Fansite Message Forums

Author   Comment  
Craven Moore

Reply with quote  #1 
Sat 7/28 10pm Prairie Dog Blues Fest, Prairie Du Chien, WI (sw corner of state)
http://www.prairiedogblues.com/

Sat 8/11: Waukesha Blues Fest, Delafield, WI (20-25 mi west of Milwaukee)
No time announced yet.
http://www.waukeshabluesfest.com/index.htm

3 shows in Wisc??  Can't be the beer.  Must be the cheese.

Welcoming CommitteeDirector of Happiness
Reply with quote  #2 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craven Moore
Sat 7/28 10pm Prairie Dog Blues Fest, Prairie Du Chien, WI (sw corner of state)
http://www.prairiedogblues.com/

Sat 8/11: Waukesha Blues Fest, Delafield, WI (20-25 mi west of Milwaukee)
No time announced yet.
http://www.waukeshabluesfest.com/index.htm

3 shows in Wisc??  Can't be the beer.  Must be the cheese.

actually there are some good brewerys round Milwaukee, Sprecher and Lake Front come to mind .........

....... on another note ........... since y'all are searching out new show annoucements, howsa bout finding one near me     The closest I can find is 3.5 hrs away (and hopefully my sister will go with me to that one)

In a heartbeat, worlds are born
 In a heartbeat, worlds collide"
Craven Moore

Reply with quote  #3 

Sorry, Sunny, no sympathy from me.    All we get here in the middle of freakin' Ioway are a bunch of political wannabees every fourth January.  Going "only" 3.5 hrs to a show would be a treat.

Welcoming CommitteeDirector of Happiness
Reply with quote  #4 

I am not complaining about the 3.5 hours, heck I would travel alot more than that, you know that  . (I talked the family to driving 7 to see them at the Ribs Fest last year during spring break) 

It is just finding anyone to go with me as I am not one to go to show solo, but more than that, the hubby wishes if I travel to see Our Boys, I am not traveling by myself, and I understand his worries.  That is why I try to bribe my peeps with gas money, ticket money, dinner money, hotel money to go with me ....... if the show were closer he would go with me. 

In a heartbeat, worlds are born
 In a heartbeat, worlds collide"
Lumberingox

Reply with quote  #5 

CM is my new "guy"..

Thanks for energizing my day.. I 'll be der... Waukesha is only a 45 min trip for me.. Prarie du Chien is a coopula hrs.. Might think twice on Bayfield now.. That is 8/10's of the way to Canada for christ sake.. Time will tell I guess!

Thanks again
Lumberingox

Reply with quote  #6 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine

I am not complaining about the 3.5 hours, heck I would travel alot more than that, you know that  . (I talked the family to driving 7 to see them at the Ribs Fest last year during spring break) 

It is just finding anyone to go with me as I am not one to go to show solo, but more than that, the hubby wishes if I travel to see Our Boys, I am not traveling by myself, and I understand his worries.  That is why I try to bribe my peeps with gas money, ticket money, dinner money, hotel money to go with me ....... if the show were closer he would go with me. 

Time to pay your brother another visit.. Bring some of them ramp thingies

Craven Moore

Reply with quote  #7 
I'd been hoping they would go from Bayfield to Duluth, since that fest still had schedule openings.  But Waukesha is quite a distance from there, and Duluth's Sunday schedule doesn't appear to have a slot left for a big act.

Prairie Dog is a friendly, smaller size (4500-8500 daily) fest on an island park with lots of camping and (if I remember) lots of Leinie's. 

Reply with quote  #8 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craven Moore
I'd been hoping they would go from Bayfield to Duluth, since that fest still had schedule openings.  But Waukesha is quite a distance from there, and Duluth's Sunday schedule doesn't appear to have a slot left for a big act.

Prairie Dog is a friendly, smaller size (4500-8500 daily) fest on an island park with lots of camping and (if I remember) lots of Leinie's. 

i don't doubt the leinie's one bit, its brewed 3 hrs north.. already working on assembling a crew.

thanks again!!
IndyMofro'er

Reply with quote  #9 
I wonder what the likelihood he plays Summerfest in Milwaukee might be.

MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #10 
I think they played Summerfest like 3 years ago? Looks like a nice fest. I'm on their newsletter list and get something from them every few days with more announcements on the line up. So the fat lady ain't sung yet.

Craven, man at this rate I think we're knowing the dates for these things quicker than the guys in the band! (well...maybe not quite that quick). Nice work.
IndyMofro'er

Reply with quote  #11 
Yeah, I think it was 3 years ago.  We went and they just happened to be there the night we went.  It's a great music festival.  We had tickets to see Neil Diamond there July 8th this year, but I just sold the tickets.
slick814

Reply with quote  #12 
Looking at the lineup for the  Prairie Du Chien Fest, I HIGHLY recommend seeing Indigenous on Friday! Mato Nanji is one increcble guitar man. Used to ba a family act... 2 brothers, a sister and cousin, but the rest of them quit and Mato put together another band to back him up. Still has his wife on backing vox, but otherwise a totally new bad.

And the day after Prairie Dog Blues, JJ is in Apple Valley at the MN Zoo... I might haveta see how far that trip would be. Maybe my little one would get 2 JJ Experiences in 2 days.... heckuva way to start out, that would be!

All that is
All that will be
All we have is each other
Craven Moore

Reply with quote  #13 
Approx 4 hrs (prior experience).

And you are so right, Mato Nanji is baaaad on the axe.  I believe he is one of the gunslingers on the Experience Hendrix tours. 

Reply with quote  #14 

I could definitely see him on that tour.... when he plays Red House live, I swear he's channeling Jimi

All that is
All that will be
All we have is each other
MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #15 

Anybody going to any of these feel free to start a roll call thread!

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

This site is dedicated to Jim "Craven Moore" Jagau, known and loved around the world as the biggest and most dedicated JJ Grey & Mofro fan ever. RIP friend. We miss you.

JJ Grey and Mofro recorded shows on the Live Music Archive

original message board

JJ interviews/show and CD reviews

old info but good no less

Site and goddam profanity rules  © Copyright 2008-2010 mofrofans.com and its assigns and entities; Worldwide Rights Reserved.   This site is not affiliated in any way with JJ Grey & Mofro, Alligator Records, Fog City Records, Madison House Management, JJ Grey, Mofro Productions Inc,, or any other entity.   This website is protected by U.S. and international laws regarding copyright protection, including site design, text, and all images.  This site is run from Tampa, FL, USofA.  All photographs are property of this website and its assigns and entities and are copyrighted by JJ Grey and Mofro.  They cannot be used without express permission.  No permission will be granted for photo rights for commercial purposes.  The photos on this site are expressly for recreational use.   All information on this site is known to be correct but site owner makes no guarantees. The information is gathered and presented to the best of our ability but may not be accurate.  We do our best to present this as a bona-fide fan site, not a gossip site.

tumblr counter