Follow @MofroFans
JJ Grey & Mofro Fansite Message Forums

Author   Comment  
Delerious Tyme

Moderator, Honorary Alumni/AssocProfessor Blackwater U
Reply with quote  #1 
Looks like a fellow musician hada quick chat with JJ after the recent show in Michigan at the Bell's Brewery.  Not much info in there other than a definite time for when JJ will be in the studio to record the new album.  Looks like November is the date according to this story.

http://stuart-shaw.com/a-talk-with-jj-grey/

There's no reason why, 'cause Heaven knows

I'm that moment when you finally let go...

"Two kinds of people in this world:  Those that love Greyhounds and those that lie."
-Sir Art Edmaiston of Troy, TN
deadhead

Reply with quote  #2 
Thanks for the info and link DT... Saw him in Bloomington and he played a new (to me) song (title not sure but about a "so called family member") Said it was going to be on his next album "whenever I get around to putting it out" So this is nice to know at least a recording date! Exciting news!

"Cherish well your thoughts and keep a tight grip on your booze........". -B.Weir
Mexicali Blues
Delerious Tyme

Reply with quote  #3 
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadhead
Thanks for the info and link DT... Saw him in Bloomington and he played a new (to me) song (title not sure but about a "so called family member") Said it was going to be on his next album "whenever I get around to putting it out" So this is nice to know at least a recording date! Exciting news!

Welcome to the Front Porch deadhead, glad to have ya here! The new song you heard in Indiana is called 'Somebody Else'. There is another thread out there with video's of it to check it out many times over. Enjoy!

"Two kinds of people in this world:  Those that love Greyhounds and those that lie."
Delerious Tyme

Reply with quote  #4 
The other artist, Stuart Shaw, says that in his talk with JJ, they would be recording their records at the same time, just 2300 miles apart.  With the tour schedule the guys have ahead of them, I would venture to guess that would be end of November or December to record.  Give it a couple of months for Dan Prothero to work his magic, the guys to do the NYE run and Jam Cruise.  Then JJ has the Blues at the Crossroads 2 tour from the end of January to mid March.  I would think that the earliest the new Album will come out would be late March, early April.  Almost has to be then in order to set up a tour for the release and give them enough time before the Festival's Circuit gets into full swing in the summer. 

deadhead

Reply with quote  #5 
I would venture to say you are right on with the timing for the new album....

I have been lurking on this site for a few years and just now signed on board. I hope I have some time to invest here and offer up my own sights and sounds. I have been on the sugarmegs MB for about 10 years and haven't been able to contribute much as life's gravity pulls heavy on my time. Happy to finally meet you... I have used many of the tabs here and used this as my research site for all things JJ.

hows the tape trade around here?

"Cherish well your thoughts and keep a tight grip on your booze........". -B.Weir
Mexicali Blues
Sammigrrrl

Reply with quote  #6 
Yeay!!!
Lumberingox

Reply with quote  #7 
Saturday it was mentioned that the recording will take place in September.

September, November whatevah.

I agree on the release date.. .. Bring it on I can't wait 
MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #8 
First off, welcome deadhead! Glad you took on the challenge of going from lurking to actually conversing with us crazies. We are not responsible for loss of property, limbs, or life. Proceed using caution!

Maybe it's Sept and Nov. We know from the past that JJ plays out all the parts and then has the guys come in and record accordingly. Maybe he's doing that in Sept and then production starts in Nov. Sept has only one date so for sure they're doing something.

It seems like all the past records have come out in May or Aug. I don't know if there's something magical about that or just coincidence.
Delerious Tyme

Reply with quote  #9 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MofroFan1
First off, welcome deadhead! Glad you took on the challenge of going from lurking to actually conversing with us crazies. We are not responsible for loss of property, limbs, or life. Proceed using caution!

Maybe it's Sept and Nov. We know from the past that JJ plays out all the parts and then has the guys come in and record accordingly. Maybe he's doing that in Sept and then production starts in Nov. Sept has only one date so for sure they're doing something.

It seems like all the past records have come out in May or Aug. I don't know if there's something magical about that or just coincidence.

One thing seems to be consistent...previous albums have come out in May and

We had GW and OB both released in August if I remember correctly.  Country Ghetto was February 20th, don't ask me how I remember that, I just do.  For Lochloosa and Blackwater, I'm assuming someone can verify when those were released?  UHollis?  Stan?  Jimbo?  Skotdee?

If I remember correctly, Blackwater was in April and Lochloosa was in June or July, but not 100% sure on those. 

Delerious Tyme

Reply with quote  #10 
Well, guess I could have just looked it up in the first place.

Blackwater - April 24th, 2001
Lochloosa - July 27th, 2004
Country Ghetto - February 20th, 2007
Orange Blossoms - August 26th, 2008
Georgia Warhorse - August 24th, 2010

Delerious Tyme

Reply with quote  #11 
Choice Cuts was November 4th, 2009
Brighter Days Live Concert Album was September 13th, 2011

Sunshine

Welcoming CommitteeDirector of Happiness
Reply with quote  #12 
Welcome to our Front Porch deadhead!!!  Love it whean a lurker comes forward, like an addict at it's first meeting ...... 

In a heartbeat, worlds are born
 In a heartbeat, worlds collide"
MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #13 
Thanks DT for your bit of research. I guess I was wrong. I hate it when that happens.

Bearing in mind I know absolutely shit about recording industry marketing it's fun to try to guess, even at the risk of make myself look like a boobyhead.

With that in mind, let's put aside Blackwater and Lochloosa because they are pre-Alligator simply by assuming that Alligator has its own strategies for release dates and such. We also put aside Choice Cuts because it's a collection of previous released songs.

So we end up with a Feb release, 2 Aug releases, and a Sept release. How all that pertains to the next one I dunno, probably doesn't. Like y'all say it must have more to do with when JJ can record and produce and such and still tour.

I agree with DT and deadhead and Ox--Mar/Apr.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

This site is dedicated to Jim "Craven Moore" Jagau, known and loved around the world as the biggest and most dedicated JJ Grey & Mofro fan ever. RIP friend. We miss you.

JJ Grey and Mofro recorded shows on the Live Music Archive

original message board

JJ interviews/show and CD reviews

old info but good no less

Site and goddam profanity rules  © Copyright 2008-2010 mofrofans.com and its assigns and entities; Worldwide Rights Reserved.   This site is not affiliated in any way with JJ Grey & Mofro, Alligator Records, Fog City Records, Madison House Management, JJ Grey, Mofro Productions Inc,, or any other entity.   This website is protected by U.S. and international laws regarding copyright protection, including site design, text, and all images.  This site is run from Tampa, FL, USofA.  All photographs are property of this website and its assigns and entities and are copyrighted by JJ Grey and Mofro.  They cannot be used without express permission.  No permission will be granted for photo rights for commercial purposes.  The photos on this site are expressly for recreational use.   All information on this site is known to be correct but site owner makes no guarantees. The information is gathered and presented to the best of our ability but may not be accurate.  We do our best to present this as a bona-fide fan site, not a gossip site.

tumblr counter