Follow @MofroFans
JJ Grey & Mofro Fansite Message Forums

Author   Comment   Page 5 of 5     «   Prev   2   3   4   5
MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #81 
HOLY COW WE DID IT!

Words cannot describe how I'm feeling right now. This is just downright supercool. I feel kinda like a proud papa. BUT all y'all are the ones who made it happen. Of course if it weren't for the man and the band we wouldn't be here at all. But it's all of you who make this community the place that it is. I had no idea when I started all this that something like this would happen. Honest I didn't. But surprised I'm not because JJ Grey & Mofro are very special.

Thank you to all. I like to sincerely believe that there is no other fansite like ours anywhere on the web. People of all walks of life congregating together for something we all love, with positive comments, no bickering and backbiting, no posturing or arguing. We may not all always agree on little things but it is always handled so beautifully as to not be mean or condescending. What a very special group of people...one and all!
Sunshine

Welcoming CommitteeDirector of Happiness
Reply with quote  #82 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MofroFan1
HOLY COW WE DID IT!

Words cannot describe how I'm feeling right now. This is just downright supercool. I feel kinda like a proud papa. BUT all y'all are the ones who made it happen. Of course if it weren't for the man and the band we wouldn't be here at all. But it's all of you who make this community the place that it is. I had no idea when I started all this that something like this would happen. Honest I didn't. But surprised I'm not because JJ Grey & Mofro are very special.

Thank you to all. I like to sincerely believe that there is no other fansite like ours anywhere on the web. People of all walks of life congregating together for something we all love, with positive comments, no bickering and backbiting, no posturing or arguing. We may not all always agree on little things but it is always handled so beautifully as to not be mean or condescending. What a very special group of people...one and all!

Sir, I believe your words are truly spoken from the heart. 

I feel the same I am very proud and

feel quite fortunate and lucky to be apart of such

a wonderful community we call Our Front Porch!

Now I am going to go and find myself a tissue ........

In a heartbeat, worlds are born
 In a heartbeat, worlds collide"
modifab

Reply with quote  #83 
Congrats to you MF1 and DT! Thank you for all your efforts here for sure. Knowin y'alls love for the band I'm sure it seems a lot less like effort or work. I'm sure it can be a hassle on any given Sunday... Wait... It is Sunday today? Correct? Geezus my head is still on a swivel from this 2700 mile Mofroad trip! MF1 it was my plezha to bump hips with you and your TW once again...

Any way. Just thank ya kindly and many congrats!

Lucky is how I feel. To have this music for the betterment of my livelyhood and to be here amongst this fine community of Mofroholics...

Clank my glass y'all!

Reply with quote  #84 
And damnit Sunshine!! I was sure you'd have it set up so all our computer speakers would shoot confetti and rock Harp & Drums for our 500th member welcome...

Welcome to the Front Porch Cornbread!

Director of Laughs,
Levity, and Love

Reply with quote  #85 
BTW, I love the screen name Cornbread.....makes me think of Ho Cake and the song Cornbread by DMB......

"But you ain't ever had my cornbread
A little bit of heaven, and a little bit of aw yeah
Cut it down the middle
Open wide and jump right in"

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History

Sunshine

Welcoming CommitteeDirector of Happiness
Reply with quote  #86 

Quote:
Originally Posted by modifab
And damnit Sunshine!! I was sure you'd have it set up so all our computer speakers would shoot confetti and rock Harp & Drums for our 500th member welcome...

Welcome to the Front Porch Cornbread!

WHAT!?!! that didn't happen on your end, dang it

........... i guess it it worked on some and not others, I tried

In a heartbeat, worlds are born
 In a heartbeat, worlds collide"
helix77

Reply with quote  #87 
Congrats to all y'all that make this site what it is. I couldn't agree more with Clay when he speaks of how civil and welcoming the people on this site are. This is a great extension of JJ's music and the band itself. Even though the band doesn't post on here, you get the feeling they are here.

Clay, I hope you get to let JJ know about this achievement soon. I'm sure he will be as proud as you are. It's a testiment to his music, the mindset it puts the people in when they hear it and how enthusiastic they are to share the experience with others.

Here's to Brighter Days.   

Admin
Reply with quote  #88 

Thanks y'all. I appreciate the kind words. Even modifab's. And helix still has the best sig line on the board (in my opinion at least.)

Bad Habit

Traveling Ambassador of Goodwill
Reply with quote  #89 
Quote:
Originally Posted by modifab
Congrats to you MF1 and DT! Thank you for all your efforts here for sure. Knowin y'alls love for the band I'm sure it seems a lot less like effort or work. I'm sure it can be a hassle on any given Sunday... Wait... It is Sunday today? Correct? Geezus my head is still on a swivel from this 2700 mile Mofroad trip! MF1 it was my plezha to bump hips with you and your TW once again...

Any way. Just thank ya kindly and many congrats!

Lucky is how I feel. To have this music for the betterment of my livelyhood and to be here amongst this fine community of Mofroholics...

Clank my glass y'all!

*%$#, and I thought I was impressive with my 1757 mile trip!  It's a shame we don't live closer to each other - I could easily see us persuading each other to go to damn near every show!  Whatcha say?  
giggles

Director of Laughs,
Levity, and Love

Reply with quote  #90 

That's what you have me for E! I "twist" your arm into trips.......like Europe!

Bad Habit

Traveling Ambassador of Goodwill
Reply with quote  #91 
Quote:
Originally Posted by giggles

That's what you have me for E! I "twist" your arm into trips.......like Europe!

I know!  You are such a bad/good influence on me
giggles

Director of Laughs,
Levity, and Love

Reply with quote  #92 

Gemini Twins..... 'nuff said! I smell a road trip in our future E!

mark&jilly

Reply with quote  #93 

Congrats,Clay. Watching Brighter days DVD (Air).....Yea...Thats right..A HUGE SHIT ASS GRIN....JUST FEELING IT...I know everyone on this site knows what i'm talking about...This music makes me so happy!

helix77

Reply with quote  #94 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark&jilly

Congrats,Clay. Watching Brighter days DVD (Air).....Yea...Thats right..A HUGE SHIT ASS GRIN....JUST FEELING IT...I know everyone on this site knows what i'm talking about...This music makes me so happy!

In my timezone, this post is timestamped 11/11/11 11:11 pm

Admin
Reply with quote  #95 
Thanks mark&jilly...always good to see you poke your head in.

helix that's too cool. I couldn't even stay awake until 11:11 on 11/11/11.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

This site is dedicated to Jim "Craven Moore" Jagau, known and loved around the world as the biggest and most dedicated JJ Grey & Mofro fan ever. RIP friend. We miss you.

JJ Grey and Mofro recorded shows on the Live Music Archive

original message board

JJ interviews/show and CD reviews

old info but good no less

Site and goddam profanity rules  © Copyright 2008-2010 mofrofans.com and its assigns and entities; Worldwide Rights Reserved.   This site is not affiliated in any way with JJ Grey & Mofro, Alligator Records, Fog City Records, Madison House Management, JJ Grey, Mofro Productions Inc,, or any other entity.   This website is protected by U.S. and international laws regarding copyright protection, including site design, text, and all images.  This site is run from Tampa, FL, USofA.  All photographs are property of this website and its assigns and entities and are copyrighted by JJ Grey and Mofro.  They cannot be used without express permission.  No permission will be granted for photo rights for commercial purposes.  The photos on this site are expressly for recreational use.   All information on this site is known to be correct but site owner makes no guarantees. The information is gathered and presented to the best of our ability but may not be accurate.  We do our best to present this as a bona-fide fan site, not a gossip site.

tumblr counter